Aug 24, 2010

'Blue Bayou' Look

'Blue Bayou' Look

So it's raining and it's cold and I am not happy about it! LOL! I need sun in my life. I'm so sad that summer is drawing to a close so I wore the brightest yellow top I could find (with long sleeves of course) and pulled out my bright yellow eyeshadow to add some color to this gloomy day.


Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base and Inglot #84 Gel Eyeliner (matte yellow) just on my lid as a secondary base.

COLOR:
For the inner lid and tear duct area I applied MAC Wild by Nature Eyeshadow (matte mid-tone camel).
On the lid I applied Inglot #60 Eyeshadow (matte yellow).
For the outer lid and crease I applied Inglot #371 Eyeshadow (matte bright blue).
To deepen the outer V I used NARS China Blue Eyeshadow (matte navy).
For highlight I used MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory).
I used NARS China Blue Eyeshadow (matte navy) and Inglot #371 Eyeshadow (matte bright blue) for my lower lashline.

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with NARS Stylo Eyeliner in Blue Bayou.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I used MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara for my lashes with MAC #7 false eyelashes for effect.

Lips:
POLISH:
For my lips I used MUFE #39 Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick.

Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe mixed with MUFE All Mat Primer. I used MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage. I set my foundation with MAC Blot Powder in Dark.

I used MAC Utterly Game Mineralize Blush (light coral) for my cheeks and MUFE #1 Sculpting Kit for highlight and contour.

Who else is cuckoo for cocoa puffs??!!

7 comments:

  1. You are the only person I see pull off yellow so well. Though you pull off anything so beautifully! I also added that MUFE #39 to my list, I don't seem to get enough of them :)

    What's the staying power of the Nars eyeliner like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a mess, LOL, love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohh, die ga ik zeker een keer proberen te make-uppen. Heel erg mooi. Oeh Oeh. Dat wil ik ook. Liefs, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. snickering @ that last photo!
    I feel your pain! I made a huge pot of turkey chili to offset the the brrrrr chill. I'm so conflicted about the end of the season & the transition into not so bright colors. My toes are BRIGHT orange (sinful colors boogie nights). & my hands are sporting a mod mauve w/ blackberry manicure (elf MauveLuxe & blinged out thumbs. LMFBO)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Saadeh. I got lucky with yellow yay! I'm so yellow myself that I better get along with it. LOL. U will love #39! I love it!

    Thx Marinad.

    LOL Tysh. U know I am!

    I hope u try it Kalypso!

    LOL Sha. I doubt I will be switching seasons. Fall and winter colors r not my thing at all. Ick! Watch me rock brights all year. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoa!!love love e look,u look so beautiful n gorj Tina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>