Aug 10, 2010

'Lemon Zing' Look

'Lemon Zing' Look

So I'm getting back into the swing of makeup this week. Two days straight! Whoopee! And why not go for my usual brights???!!! How is everyone doing? Let's talk : )

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I also applied MAC Layin Low Paintpot (matte creamy beige) all over my lid and up to my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
On the inner lid and inner tear-duct area I applied MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory).
For the middle of the lid I applied MAC Chrome Yellow Eyeshadow (matte bright yellow).
Next I applied MAC Zingy Eyeshadow (matte bright sky blue).
On the outer lid and crease I applied NARS China Blue Eyeshadow (matte navy).
For blending I used Smashbox Nude Eyeshadow (matte nude).
For highlight I used MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (shimmery champagne).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Spiked.

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with NARS Stylo Eyeliner in Blue Bayou.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I used Bourjois Eyeliner Pencil in Bleu Clinquant (shimmery vivid blue) on my lower lashline with NARS China Blue Eyeshadow (matte navy) on the outer edge.
I used MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara for my lashes with Beautee Senses Princess false eyelashes for effect.


Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MUFE Transparent Lipstick in #403 (light peach) topped with MAC Frankly Fresh Lipglass (neutral pink beige with soft pearl).


Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe mixed with MUFE All Mat Primer. I used MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes. I set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MAC Springsheen  Blush (light peach with gold pearl) for my cheeks.

Kisses!!!


11 comments:

  1. Your "Kisses" at the end reminds me of the show Living Single.........Regine ~Smooches

    I see you love your brights you wear them well u look much happier than in your neutral look yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this, the yellow in the middle just pops! Glad to see u posting again. Especially ur gorgeous bright looks.
    I gotta get back into my bright FOTD's once I get past whatever it is I have :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty as usual. Glad you made it back to "Blog Land" I thought I was going to have to put an A.P.B. out on you, lol! Seriously, glad to see your doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bight looks!! I need to get more comfortable with brights! thanks for breakdown of everything..it really helps :)

    http://icosmeticrn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, very pretty as always!

    http://www.touchingfaceswithbeautyandglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thx Camille! I remember that show too! LOL. I prefer my brights as you know. I feel like if I'm doing neutrals I might as well not use eyeshadow at all.

    Awwww Saadeh! I hope you r feeling better now. Can't wait to see those bright looks on u.

    Thx Jonna.

    Thanks Carnita. I was off on a business trip so u know there was no makeup there. Tsk tsk! LOL! I'm glad to be back as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks RN. Girl u better get with the bright looks! They r so fun! I have to do them now while I'm still in my twenties. :)

    Thanks Beauty.

    Thanks so much Viva!

    Thanks my sweets Tysh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely love this look,u look beautiful as always...I feel like I need to try this look Tina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>