Jun 18, 2010

'Velvet Coral' Look

'Velvet Coral' Look

This look was created using a simple technique to get the cut-crease effect. It's really easy compared to other techniques I have seen and it takes a lot less time to achieve. I'll do a tutorial of the technique so you see what I mean.

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I also applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte creamy beige) all over my lid up to my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
To start off the look I used MAC Velvet moss Eyeshadow (matte moss green) in the crease.
I added a bit of MAC Bottle Green Eyeshadow (matte dark moss green) to the outer V to deepen.
I used MUFE #9 Aqua Cream (light coral) to shape the lid and define the crease beneath the green colors.
On the inner lid and tear duct I applied MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory).
Next the middle of the lid I applied MAC Dusty Coral Pigment (matte coral).
On the outer lid I applied MAC Hot Hot Hot Eyeshadow (matte red coral).
For the blending on the brow bone I used Smashbox Nude Eyeshadow (matte nude).
For highlight I used MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (shimmery champagne).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Stila Stay All Day Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower waterline with Loreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I smudged my lower lashline with MAC Landscape Green Pigment (matte grass green).
I used Covergirl Lashblast Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Demi Pixie Lashes for effect.
 
Lips:
 
POLISH:
I used MAC Syrup Lipstick topped with MAC Spite Lipglass.
 

Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with Stila One Step Primer.
I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe with MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes. I set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark.
I used Illamasqua Expose Blush for my cheeks.

8 comments:

  1. This is pretty! I would like to see your eyeshadow collection, I know it must be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous-love the eyeshadow combo and how you cut the crease!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CANNOT WAIT FOR TUT! hehe sorry about the caps I'm just excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! And I agree with Ms. Viva Glam, I'd also love to see your eyeshadow collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I need a tutorial on this one here, LOL. Awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dramatic, but colours make it seem not too over-the-top. Great look!

    glitterm-younailedit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please do a video tutorial of this....LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much my lovelies!!! I'm working on the tut for this one this week. I just need to make sure it's under 10 minutes. Wish me luck.

    AS for the eyeshadow collection....hahahaha...u guys want me to admit that I have a problem don't u?? LOL! Once I start taking inventory I may need to go to rehab...

    But all joking aside...I will have to break up a collection post/video into separate parts for each brand otherwise it will get overwhelming and besides each little nugget will want their 15 minutes right?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>