Jun 7, 2010

'Ocean Sunset' Look

'Ocean Sunset' Look 

This is a look for Kiran as requested using yellow, orange, red and blue. It reminds me of a sunset on the ocean.


Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my lid up to the brow bone. I also applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte creamy beige) all over my lid up to my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
On the inner lid I applied Sugarpill Buttercupcake Eyeshadow (matte yellow).
Next on the lid, I applied Sugarpill Flamepoint Eyeshadow (matte orange).
On the outer lid and crease I applied Sugarpill Love+ Eyeshadow (matte red).
For the outer V to add some depth I used Sugarpill Poison Plum Eyeshadow (matte purple).
For the blending I used Smashbox Nude Eyeshadow (matte nude).
For highlight I used MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (shimmery champagne).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Stila Stay All Day Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my waterline with and lower lashline with MAC Chromaline Pencil in Hi Def Cyan (matte vivid blue).
I used Covergirl Lashblast Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Sense Smashing Lashes for effect.


Lips:

POLISH:
OCC Lip Tar in Melange with clear lipgloss.


Face:

FINISH:
I used MUFE HD Foundation in #173 with MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes. I set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MAC Blush Ombre in Ripe Peach for my cheeks.

9 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous. Completely summery and totally over the top but absolutely perfect on you. You've really got the most amazing coloring for pulling off these looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty as always.

    http://makeupbykim-porter.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girllllllll this by far is off the hook, the colors are so bright, I LOVE IT!!!!!! A sister gets paid on Thursday, I will be ordering some of these colors. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tina..
    I first saw your work on makeupgeek.com and i have been coming to your site daIly for about 2-3 months now and trying to immitate your styles.... i dont have nearly as much make up as you do lol... but i think your makeup always look flawless... and i must say between you and makeupgeek.com i have definetly become as my husband says "a girly girl".. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART YOU ARE AWESOME :-)ooo and keep up the GREAT work....
    NIK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thx so much Amy! I was wearing this one out so I wasn't too worried :). Red is so tricky to work with but in this look it actually looked decent.

    Thanks Kim sweetheart!

    Thanx Tysh! Sugarpill colors are ridiculously bright! I need to stop spending your money right?? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww Nik! You just warmed my heart through and through. That's so sweet of you to say. Thank you so so much! Girly girls rule! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really don't think there's any color that's too tricky for you. The way you place your shadows and blend everything together makes even the most insane colors wearable. You're able to rock reds the way most people rock a neutral and it absolutely floors me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanx Amy girl! I can't rock golds...they look awful! I can't stand it! LOL! I try to play around with colors until it look decent...or I look crazy. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely beautiful n gorj hun...me likey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>