Jun 20, 2010

Taste of the Tropics Look

'Taste of the Tropics' Look

For this look I used the Sedona Lace 120 Pro Palette Second Edition. Most of the colors are reminiscent of the tropics - yellow, green, blue and purple.


Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I also applied MAC Soft Ochre Paintpot (matte yellow beige) all over my lid up to my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
On the inner lid I applied the brightest yellow eyeshadow in the palette (matte yellow).
For the rest of the lid I applied a medium green eyeshadow from the palette (matte vivid green).
On the outer lid and crease I applied a medium blue eyeshadow from the palette (matte vivid blue).
On the brow bone I applied a light purple eyeshadow from the palette (shimmery purple).
For highlight I used a light champagne eyeshadow from the palette (shimmery champagne).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Stila Stay All Day Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower waterline with Loreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I smudged my lower lashline with a bright orange eyeshadow from the palette (matte orange).
I used Covergirl Lashblast Mascara for my lashes.

 

Lips:
 
POLISH:
I used MAC Sock Hop Lipglass.


Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with Stila One Step Primer.
I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe with MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes. I set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used NARS Amour and Deep Throat Blushes for my cheeks.


 

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful look!
    I did something like that today, inspired in the brazil game in the world soccer cup!!!
    KisseKisse from Brazil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Marcelinha! Go Brazil! :) Kisses!

    Thanks Kimmy!

    Thx Joanna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purrrrrrdy! I finally recieved my palette! Its awesome. I do find that with some of the golden colors or yellow colors, I dont get much of a color payoff...I blame my complexion :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! How long does it take you to do your makeup every morning?

    glitterm-younailedit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Very "stunning"...gorgeous...Mary

    "alongcamemary1" on twitter.."Mary Rodowicz" on FB..Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Santana! Yep the yellows were the hardest to work with...I don't think it's your complexion at all. I had issues with the yellows too. The brightest yellow is the only really good one of the bunch but the others are great for highlighters on the brow bone or tear duct area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thx Glitter. My makeup takes about 15-20 minutes depending on how intricate it gets but usually I can be done in 15 mins.

    Thanks so much Mary!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>