Jun 19, 2010

Stila One Step Correct - Thoughts...

Stila One Step Correct - Thoughts...

Skin tone correcting, brightening serum

swirl your way to perfect skin in one step.
this innovative triple-swirled helix serum instantly color corrects, brightens, primes and nourishes the skin.
one step correct immediately improves skin tone, evens out your complexion and helps smooth fine lines.
- green - minimizes redness 
- lavender - counteracts sallow undertones 
- peach - brightens, illuminates and helps diminish the appearance of sun spots
YOUTH REVIVAL Bio-Available Mineral Complex from ARCLAY
- diminishes the look of fine lines & wrinkles
- minimizes pores
- hydrates & balances
- controls oil


I purchased this at the NYC Makeup Show back in May. I have been using this on the weekends when I use minimal makeup and focus mainly on the appearance of my skin. I didn't want to do a review until it was closer to the official debut. Stila is supposed to release this in the summer in addition to their new one step makeup line. They have already released the one step foundation which uses the same YOUTH REVIVAL Bio-Available Mineral Complex from ARCLAY.


Thoughts...

My 4 P's -

PRICE
This holds 1 fl. oz and I am not sure how much it will cost (I forget how much I paid plus it was discounted at the time). I assume it will be priced between $30 and $44 based on Stila's price line for their primers and foundations. This is in line with Smashbox and Make Up For Ever

PACKAGING
The product comes in a normal cylindrical container with a pump dispenser. This is one of the best pump dispensers I have ever encountered on a product like this. The pump is perfect for dispensing from a small amount to a full pump without any trouble. You only need a very small amount for your entire face so the pump works out perfectly.

PRODUCT
The product itself is a gorgeous swirl of green, lavender and peach correctors suspended in a clear primer/moisturizer. The overall look is enough for me to want to own one step. But the product is divine. It's a silky smooth but does not have the silicone feel of other primers. It dries to a semi matte finish and doesn't leave a greasy feeling behind.

PERFORMANCE
Stila professes that this is a multi-purpose product which combines moisturizer, skin corrector and foundation primer in one. 

Corrector...?
one step combines three color correctors in green, lavender and peach to help counteract redness, sallowness and dull skin. I don't have too much redness so I can't vouch for this one but it did help to even and brighten my skin tone. It left my skin with a nice subtle glow.

Moisturizer...?
There is also a moisturizer which work well on my oily skin without leaving me greasy. It absorbs well into the skin and dries down to a semi-matte finish but still leaves a glow to my skin. I was surprised by this because I didn't feel like I needed an additional moisturizer at all. It also claims to control oil which I have to agree with. It's not the best oil control product on the market but it did help to keep most oiliness at bay.

Primer...?
The correctors are swirled and suspended in a clear primer which should help diminish fine lines and wrinkles and minimize pores. Ummm...I don't know. I don't have many fine lines or wrinkles to speak of just yet and my pores weren't impressed by this. It did help my foundation apply smoothly but then again so does my moisturizer and kabuki brush. My foundation lasted as long as it does on most days so I'm not sure how much this added to that fact. I can say that my foundation didn't slip or slide off my face like with the MAC or Smashbox Primers I have tried.

Overall...
I find it to be a very very nice corrector, moisturizer, primer combo. The only one I know of on the market. I will not be surprised if we see others to follow. It's a serum so a little goes a very long way with this. Even if it's $40 a pop, I still still it's a good price for the amount of product versus amount for each usage. I do enjoy this product quite a bit and while it may not be a part of my daily regimen it's definite a must-grab for great skin days. I will repurchase...but maybe not for daily use.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I'm no longer impressed with Smashbox and may have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review- I use Makeup forever HD primer - have you tried it? if so how does it compare to this one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Stila's one step! I have tried every primer under the sun and I like how this product "swirls" the important pre-makeup steps together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>