Jun 24, 2010

'Golden Paradise' Look

'Golden Paradise' Look

If you know me by now, then you know I'm not a fan of gold. I think that may change after this look. I absolutely LOVE the way Mac Melon Pigment looks on my lid. It's a great peachy gold for my skintone I must say. Maybe that was what was wrong...I need a peachy gold rather than a yellow gold.


Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I also applied MAC Layin Low Paintpot (matte creamy beige) in my crease and on my brow bone as my primary base. For my lid I used MAC Indianwood Paintpot (metallic antique bronze).

COLOR:
On the inner lid and tear duct I applied MUFE #10 Eyeshadow (yellow gold shimmer).
For the lid I applied MAC Melon Pigment (frosty golden peach).
On the outer lid I applied MAC Gold Pigment (metallic gold).
I used MUFE #92 Eyeshadow (matte brilliant purple) on the crease.
For the blending on the brow bone I used Smashbox Nude Eyeshadow (matte nude).
For highlight I used MUFE #102 Eyeshadow (matte butter yellow).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Gel Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower waterline with Loreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I smudged Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in Lust (vibrant purple) on my lower lashline.
I used Covergirl Lashblast Fusion Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Princess Lashes for effect.

Lips:
POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Fanfare Lipstick topped with MAC Poco Pink Lacquer.

Face:
FINISH:
I prepped my skin with Stila One Step Primer/Corrector. I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe with MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes. I set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MAC Gingerly Blush for my cheeks.
I highlighted and contoured my cheeks with MUFE #1 Sculpting Kit.


17 comments:

  1. This looks great on you, I have a sample of the gold pigment I think I will try a likkle ting de, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous doll!! Your looks are very inspirational and I so wish that I could wear such bold makeup to work. Actually, I'm just lazy to wear makeup period, simply because it's SOOOO hot where I live (Cayman Islands) and I don't want my skin going hay-wired with break outs....but keep it up! I enjoy your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx Tysh girl! Try de ting mek me see! LOL! Be careful tho cawz Gold Pigment flies everywhere!

    Thanks Shades! You know what tho...I started wearing makeup more now than I used to just because of the blog. I never really used to bother but it's so much fun to share that I don't mind anymore. I know what you mean about the ehat and makeup tho...it feels like it's melting. Too bad with the breakouts :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the combination of gold and purple, can't wait to try something similar on myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I was wondering you can do a post on some drugstore products that you like...... for people who are new to makeup..
    I am not new to makeup but I am new to certain things like liquid eyeliner, eyeliner gels and eyelashes...
    Also since its boiling in NYC 90 degree what do u do to prevent shiny in the summer drugstore or highend is fine and alternative to foundation ie tinted mostiturizes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gold and purple is one the best combos ever made. I actually love Gold pigment on you though, why don't u like yellow gold on urself?

    The last pic is super hot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty hon!!! i saw ur patois up top lol...glad seh u nuh figet the lingo! :) Btw, cud u tell me what shade u wear in mac foundations??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty, love the colour combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thx Michelle! Gold and purple r a great combo for sure. I hope u try it out soon too.

    Thx Saadeh! I actually really liked the gold and purple here. I don't really know y I hate yellow gold on me. It just looks weird..idk. LOL! But now Melon is a keeper for me!

    Thanks Kimmy hon!

    Thx Jonna sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thx so much Charlene! Caan figet! Deh me born and grow so...LOL! I actually use patois more in my personal life than the twang - with family, friends and my bf. I have only been here 9 years now so not too long...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Camille,

    I actually depend on the drugstore for some key makeup items. My black gel eyeliners (my holy grail liners) are from the Wet 'n' Wild and Loreal HIP lines. My go-to mascara is the Covergirl Lashblast. Drug stores also have great makeup wipes, nail polishes and so on.

    I go high end for eyeshadows, foundation and skincare just because I think the quality is better. I have a few NYX things and such but I don't really use them yet. I do a post after a bit a research...shopping my stash...not buying new things tho...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this look so much! I actually came on here to see if you had any looks using purple. I think I'm gonna try my best to recreate this today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a beautiful color combo like all the others. I absolutely adore all of your vids and posts. The shoe game is mean girl!

    P.S. Have you ever tried All That Glitters eyeshadow from MAC?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love love love this combination! Can we please have a tutorial on this one?! I am funny about gold eyeshadow too, though I have the opposite problem. MAC Melon looks very "orangey" on my fair skin. Though I have discovered that MAC's Gold Mode and Blonde's Gold are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thx Joy! Did u try it? I would love to know how it turned out!

    Thx so much favorisntfair! I have All That Glitters e/s from MAC. It's a really pretty yellow gold color. I haven't used it yet tho. Hahahaha!

    Thx Sarah! I will work on a tutorial. I'm so backed up on these. I thought Melon would be orange on me too but it turned out so pretty. I love Blonde's Gold too altho it's more of a pale glod on me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply the best!!!
    I loved this colors!!!
    Very good!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>