Jun 17, 2010

'Golden Macaw' Look

'Golden Macaw' Look

I had absolutely no idea where I was going with this look when I started. I just pulled colors from everywhere and this is what I ended up with. I had some muddying issues with the colors but managed to salvage it at the end except that the green could use a touch more blending.

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I also applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte creamy beige) all over my lid up to my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
On the inner lid I applied MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory).
Next the middle of the lid I applied MAC Goldenrod Eyeshadow (matte golden yellow).
On the outer lid I applied MAC Landscape  Green Pigment (matte grassy green).
Next for the outer crease I used MAC Blue Cyan Pigment (matte vivid blue).
On the inner crease I used MUFE #92 Eyeshadow (matte brilliant purple).
For highlight I used MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (shimmery champagne).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Stila Stay All Day Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower waterline with Loreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower lashline with MUFE #92 Eyeshadow, MAC Blue Cyan Pigment and MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow.
I used Covergirl Lashblast Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Demi Pixie Lashes for effect.

Lips:

POLISH:
I used MAC Vegas Volt Lipstick topped with Dior #3 Lip Polish.
My girl Amy (Ambientblu) just bought Vegas Volt and that reminded me that I owned it too. The Dior Lip Polish added a great juicy effect (although it's not very long wearing).


Face:

FINISH:
I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe with MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes. I set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark.
I used NARS Amour Blush for my cheeks.


10 comments:

  1. Please post a youtube video for this thank you!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo pretty....The eye make-up is lovely and your skin looks so flawless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, reminds me of a tropical bird. Your blending is phenomenal as always :) and I like your shirt too (from what I can see, hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rainbow Bright, LOL, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it like usual i am always on your blog looking for inspiration thanks for being u

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!! As always.. I love the bright, pigmented colours you're using! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure Queen. I'll work on it i a couple of days. :)

    Thx so much resham.

    Thx Saadeh. I was also thinking of a tropical bird when I was done hence the Macaw in the title. LOL!

    LOL Tysh! You know I love my colors. Great for Pride Week I guess :)

    Thanks andrea. I'm so glad you love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love all of these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. pretty! def reminds me of a tropical bird. flawless. i wore vegas volt today too! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love it! I haven't done a bright rainbow look in awhile and this makes me wanna!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>