Nov 17, 2011

Wet 'n' Wild I ♥ Matte (I Heart Matte) Palette - THOUGHTS and SWATCHES...

Wet 'n' Wild I ♥ Matte Palette 
THOUGHTS and SWATCHES...


Wet 'n' Wild has released a new all matte Color Icon Eyeshadow 8-Eyeshadow palette for Holiday 2011. Yes you read that right...all matte!

Now these have been hard to find! The palettes are a Walgreens exclusive and even so they seem to only be available in limited supply (or beauty lovers are snatching them up left and right) and not available at all Walgreens locations. I found a couple at the first Walgreens I hit up in New Jersey but alas they were smashed a bit... : (
Did you think I would fail you guys? Never! I would have hunted them down if I had to AND taken hostages!

COLOR ICON™ EYESHADOW PALETTE
A stunning collection of 8 silky, ultra-pigmented day-to-night colors. Mix-and-match for a variety of looks from sweet to wild! All-day, crease-resistant color. 



Size: 0.3 oz
Price: $4.99
 
The Wet 'n' Wild I ♥ Matte Palette is approximately $4.99 for 0.3 oz of product (0.05 oz per eyeshadow). I love that Wet 'n' Wild keeps their prices the same across most of their Color Icon palettes whether they have 6 or 8 eyeshadows. Since Wet 'n' Wild is considered a drugstore/low-end makeup brand you are sure to be able to grab these on sale (hello buy one, get one) or at discounted prices. 
Nothing is much cheaper than Wet 'n' Wild palettes with the same quality and amount of product. So without a doubt this is a PHENOMENAL deal! 



The palettes are a Walgreens exclusive and are only available in stores. However, they are only available in limited supply (or beauty lovers are snatching them up left and right) and for a limited time! To add to the elusive nature of these palettes they not available at all Walgreens locations. If you are lucky enough to find these then grab them right away. I apologize in advance to those who may miss out on these : (.

 
The Wet 'n' Wild I ♥ Matte Palette features the same palette packaging as the original Color Icon 8-eyeshadow palettes - a simple clear lid black palette with 8 eyeshadows and an double ended applicator. The package is drugstore quality so don't expect great quality here. It is functional but not flimsy and should be able to endure normal handling. The snap tab that is used to close the palette is not the strongest but it holds it closed well enough for light travel. I would be careful not to drop it though because I can see it breaking with that kind of impact.





 



The Wet 'n' Wild I ♥ Matte Palette comes with 8 shades and as indicated by the name they are all matte finishes. The palette is split right down the middle with 4 neutral shades on one side and 4 colorful bursts on the other. The colors are well coordinated and can be mixed and matched for a variety of looks. The palettes are designed to create everyday looks to deep dark wild nighttime looks. The color combinations are great because they include darker crease shades and great highlight shades in addition to the central colors.

Each eyeshadow is labeled as Browbone, Eyelid, Crease and Definer with a guide on the back of the palette indicating how to go from a Sweet Look to a Flirty Look to a Dramatic Look all the way to a Wild Look. But of course you can mix-and-match any which way you like!

All the colors are ultra-soft and buttery and apply like a dream to the skin. They also bend very well without losing pigmentation. And the pigmentation is very nice for drugstore...in fact they remind me of the texture of the creamiest matte eyeshadows I own - MAC Matte2. They work best with a primer but actually do pretty well on their own. The wear time time is 4-6 hours without any noticeable fading or creasing. I have noticed swatches of these colors that look quite chalky and sheer...do not be fooled. I swatch the way I would wear the eyeshadow - over a thin layer of primer and applied with a couple of swipes...I have no idea what others are doing...
The double ended applicator is a throw-away as far as I am concerned...nothing has changed here.  



These eyeshadows are delicious! Wet 'n' Wild did not fail me here! They are nicely pigmented and extremely creamy. They applied beautifully and hold up during wear! While these are not as highly pigmented as Wet 'n' Wild shimmer shades there still have their own merit. The only shade that had some issue was the black which is not as pigmented as I know Wet 'n' Wild can do. With a decent primer and/or base these will work well.

Do you have this palette? What do you think? Do you want to try it?







 


 Browbone - The white in this palette is ultra pigmented and creamy.
Eyelid - Rich buttery mint green.
Crease - Beautiful pigmented cyan blue.
Definer - Gorgeous blue based purple.




 

 Browbone - Creamy beige.
Eyelid - Light coral (think MAC Samoa Silk Eyeshadow).
Crease - Deep rich neutral brown.
Definer - Dark slate grey - not quite black.





6 comments:

  1. I have it and love it. The dark brown is one of the best browns I have ever used hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rhink those swatches are nice, you put a lot of details into this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Leticia! I love that brown

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eyelid - Light coral- just lovely!:) nice blog, I will follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need this ASAP!! I have been on a Matte trip recently and these swatches are awesome. Thank you for sharing.

    http://beautyismaximus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>