Nov 29, 2011

'Grassy Knolls' Look

'Grassy Knolls' Look

When I fell in love with makeup it was not for the classic beauty enhancing reasons but rather for the artistic, creative potential it provided. I was never a great artist - drawing, painting or otherwise - but I feel that makeup allows me to use skills and talents I never knew I had. It's like discovering a long lost sibling! Who knew I could color and create like this??!!! It is quite freeing to say the least and that is why I love makeup! Now this look will take into my humble little makeup world.

Eyes: 
PRIME:
I started off with Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (creamy beige) on the browbone and  the crease as my primary base - Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush.

COLOR:
On the inner lid I applied Ben Nye #129 Gold Metallic Powder (metallic pure gold) with MAC Mixing Medium. MAC 242 Small Shader Brush
For the middle of the lid I used Inglot #43 Pure Pigment Eyeshadow (shimmery lime green). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
Then on the outer lid and crease I applied MAC Sassy Grass Eyeshadow (matte grass green). Sonia Kashuk Large Crease Brush
On the browbone area and crease I applied Sugarpill Buttercupcake Eyeshadow (matte bright yellow). Sonia Kashuk Large Crease Brush
To deepen the outer V I used Rock & Republic Fatalistic Eyeshadow (matte black). Sonia Kashuk Large Crease Brush
I then applied MUFE #92 Eyeshadow (matte brilliant purple) blended with MUFE #26 Eyeshadow (matte raspberry pink) on the inner crease line. MAC 242 Small Shader Brush
I also applied MAC Process Magenta Chromaline (matte magenta pink) between the purple and gold on the inner crease. MAC 242 Small Shader Brush
For highlight I used Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance All Over Face Color (shimmery light pink). MAC 252 Large Shader Brush
On the lower lashline I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Lucky (shimmery yellow gold) - INNER - and Rock & Republic Fatalistic Eyeshadow (matte black) - OUTER. Cozzette Eyebrow/Mini Shader D230 Brush

NOTE: I used the MAC 242 Small Shader Brush to create the sharp defined crease line for each color.

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with Sleek Brow Kit in Dark. Cozzette Eyebrow/Mini Shader D230 Brush/Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel CreamLiner in BlackMAC 263 Small Angle Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. MAC 212 Flat Definer Brush
I used L'Oreal Carbon Black Voluminous Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Sense Demi Pixie Eyelashes for effect. Duo Eyelash Adhesive






Lips: 
POLISH:
For my lips I used Clé de Peau Beauté Extra Silky Lipstick in #103 (creamy peachy nude).



Face: 
FINISH:
I primed my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion - hands. I used Chanel Perfection Lumière Long-Wear Flawless Fluid Makeup in 54 Beige Ambré - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder in Dark - face puff.

I used MUFE #12 Full Cover Concealer - Stila #33 One Step Complexion Brush - under my eyes set with MAC Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder in Medium Deep - face puff

I used MUFE #24 Sculpting Blush (matte dusty rose nude) for my cheeks - Cozzette Contour Stylist S135 Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour - Sigma Angled Kabuki Brush.

 


 Gimme cookies plz!



13 comments:

  1. Beautiful, very creative. LOL @ur give me cookies face

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative! Love how your looks all "come together" in the end, no matter how many ~crazy colours you use.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee ur looks
    KISSES FROM PANAMA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love your talent and creativity, Tina...gorgeous as always. I wish I had an ounce of your creativity :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so gorgeous! you are veeeery talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh. This is so siiiiiick¡!!! This is why I am a subscriber. Shaunie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mercedes "PicassoEyes13"November 29, 2011 at 6:51 PM

    Hey Tina. This is amazing! I LOVE what u had to say about makeup.I can totally relate and this is why I have a big, fat, huge, girl crush on you, not to mention ur a Cappie!!(LOL).I also suck at drawing (stick figure R us, lol) but this is why I LOVE makeup (and cooking) bc creative outlet! Kevyn Aucoin was the person who really help transform the way I saw makeup. I always kept my passion hidden as to not be judged as "vain"" or "shallow" but now "me no care" Tootles bella chula :) Keep on keeping on

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know what to say with this look you are just amazing, I can't say it enough, you blow me away. I love all your looks BUT THIS RIGHT HERE LAWD FADER!!!!! You are definately my #1 blogger

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my new holiday look! So talented!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this look! *STANDING OVATION*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>