Nov 10, 2011

'Red Cherry' Look

'Red Cherry' Look

It's time I got back to my usual bright 'unusual' looks right? And why not come back with a bang? So here we GO! This is a well defined structured crease look inspired (not a replica by any means) by one of my favorite makeup artists of all time - Maria of Apropo Makeup. She is on YouTube and Facebook as well but hardly doesn't videos anymore much to my dismay :(. Definitely check her out because her work is AMAZING!


Eyes: 
PRIME:
I started off with Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (creamy beige) all over my lid and into the crease as my primary base - Sigma P82 Precision Round Brush. 

COLOR:
On the browbone area and crease I used MAC Wild By Nature Eyeshadow (matte camel). NARS 01 Eye Shader Brush
Then on the lid I applied MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush & MAC 242 Small Shader Brush
On the lid I applied Magnolia Makeup Tomato Creole Pigment (matte red). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush & MAC 242 Small Shader Brush
On the outer lid I applied Rock & Republic Fatalistic Eyeshadow (matte black). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush & MAC 242 Small Shader Brush
For highlight I used MAC Wild By Nature Eyeshadow (matte camel). MAC 252 Large Shader Brush
NOTE: I used the MAC 242 Small Shader Brush to create the sharp defined crease line for each color.  

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Cozzette Eyebrow/Mini Shader D230 Brush/Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Crème Eyeliner in BlackMAC 263 Small Angle Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. MAC 212 Flat Definer Brush
I used L'Oreal Carbon Black Voluminous Mascara for my lashes and added Eylure Naturalites Double Lashes 205 for effect. Duo Eyelash Adhesive






Lips: 
POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Tea Ceremony Sheen Supreme Lipstick (creamy peach nude).



Face: 
FINISH:
I primed my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion all over my face and Phillips Milk of Magnesia in my t-zone area. I used Tarte ReCreate™ Anti-Aging Foundation in Walnut 20- Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder in Dark - face puff.

I used MUFE #12 Full Cover Concealer - Cozzette P350 Cylinder Concealer Brush - under my eyes set with MAC Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder in Medium Deep - face puff

I used MAC Instant Chic Blush (light peach pink) for my cheeks - Cozzette Contour Stylist S135 Brush - and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour - Cozzette Contour Stylist S135 Brush.





15 comments:

  1. Wow!!! This is really pretty! You must do a tutorial for this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!!! LOve the look...especially the red eyeshadow.It's so har to come by a matte red eyeshadow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SICK! The crease is sharp......please do a tut.....this is the prettiest I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is soooo creative! I'm in love <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, you are amazing! wow, the things you create... O.M.G.! :) I love the last picture! the look is great but most of all you're gorgeous :) kisss :*

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! You never cease to amaze me. Now you know we need a tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. SICK, I think we need a tutorial, this is one of the best red shadows I've ever seen.....
    Kandice I hope you talkin about T & T, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. lmao, love the last photo. this looks good hon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your eyes look HUGE!! love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW... Beautiful. I can't believe you have time to do such an elaborate look before work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously though, you must have been a makeup artist in your previous life, cause you are TALENTED!!!! Love this look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>