Nov 3, 2011

'Teal Siren' Look

'Teal Siren' Look

This is a pretty simple look with emphasis on the lips. It's Autumn (yep I used the proper term instead of fall...hahahaa) so it is the time of year that we see lots of bold lips sprouting up all over the scene. I am not one for neutrals but I didn't want to clash my eyeshadow with my lips so I went for the simple natural eye with a pop of color. What do you guys think of bold lips? How do you wear them?


Eyes: 
PRIME:
I started off with Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (creamy beige) all over my lid and into the crease as my primary base - Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush. 

COLOR:
On the entire lid and browbone area I used MAC Wild By Nature Eyeshadow (matte camel). NARS 01 Eye Shader Brush
Then on the lid I applied MAC Vanilla Eyeshadow (matte ivory). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
On the outer lid and crease I applied MAC Wedge Eyeshadow (matte mid-tone brown). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
To deepen the outer V I used MAC Cross Cultural Eyeshadow (matte deep brown). MAC 217 Blending Brush
For highlight I used Magnolia Makeup Buff Pigment (matte ivory). MAC 252 Large Shader Brush
On the lower lashline I applied MAC Cross Cultural Eyeshadow (matte deep brown). Cozzette Eyebrow/Mini Shader D230 Brush

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Cozzette Eyebrow/Mini Shader D230 Brush/Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Siren (shimmery teal). 
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Sigma Eye Liner - E05 Brush
I used L'Oreal Carbon Black Voluminous Mascara for my lashes.




Lips: 
POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Eden Rouge Mattene Lipstick (matte red) topped with Hourglass Siren Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss (metallic red).



Face: 
FINISH:
I primed my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion all over my face and Phillips Milk of Magnesia in my t-zone area. I used MAC Matchmaster Foundation in 7.0 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder in Dark - face puff.

I used MUFE #12 Full Cover Concealer - Cozzette P350 Cylinder Concealer Brush - under my eyes set with MAC Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder in Medium Deep - face puff

I used Tarte Exposed 12-Hour Amazonian Clay Blush (honey beige) for my cheeks - Cozzette Contour Stylist S135 Brush - and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour - Cozzette Contour Stylist S135 Brush.




 

10 comments:

  1. very simple yet elegant look I love neutrals with pops of colour

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look FAB!!!

    I usually wear neutral eyes with bold lips. It makes the lips stand out a lot more and like you said...it doesn't clash with the eye shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty look! I'm loving neutral eyes and bold lips this season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the make up and your hair. Are you still using the Instyler to curl your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lip colours look amazing on you, as well as the rest of the makeup of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. I used to think my lips were too big for color, so I always went with a neutral lip. I went to a MAC pro store Jan 2011 and the consultant used magenta pencil violetta lipstick and funtabulous dazzleglass, and I wore it for 2 weeks straight I was so in love. I have stepped up my lipstick game ever since. Glad to see you back and blogging. Whenever you are ready to do a tutorial, I am ready to watch & take notes :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. @LJ...I used to think the same thing. I tell people that when I wear a red lip I look like a big STOP sign. But I wore one a few days ago and I rocked it. I guess the fancy face is making me fearless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i absolutely love the look Tina. especially the teal liner

    ReplyDelete
  9. This look is very elegant. The blue and the red match really well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>