Nov 8, 2011

'Unknown Pleasures' Look

'Unknown Pleasures' Look

Again, just another Au Naturel look with bold lips. I am really having fun with these MAC Mattenes for sure! Dark lips are just meant to be matte or semi-matte don't you think? I think they look much better matte....but then again I love all things matte :)


Eyes: 
PRIME:
I started off with Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (creamy beige) all over my lid and into the crease as my primary base - Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush. 

COLOR:
On the browbone area and crease I used Cappucino Eyeshadow from the Sleek MakeUP Au Naturel Palette (matte camel). NARS 01 Eye Shader Brush
Then on the lid I applied Nougat Eyeshadow from the Sleek MakeUP Au Naturel Palette (matte ivory). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
On the outer lid and crease I applied Nubuck Eyeshadow from the Sleek MakeUP Au Naturel Palette (matte light grey). MAC 217 Blending Brush
To deepen the outer V I used Bark Eyeshadow from the Sleek MakeUP Au Naturel Palette (matte deep grey brown). MAC 217 Blending Brush
For highlight I used Nougat Eyeshadow from the Sleek MakeUP Au Naturel Palette (matte ivory). MAC 252 Large Shader Brush

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Cozzette Eyebrow/Mini Shader D230 Brush/Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Crème Eyeliner in BlackMAC 263 Small Angle Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. MAC 212 Flat Definer Brush
I used L'Oreal Carbon Black Voluminous Mascara for my lashes and added Ardell #138 Eyelashes for effect. Duo Eyelash Adhesive




Lips: 
POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Unknown Pleasures Mattene Lipstick (matte deep red).



Face: 
FINISH:
I primed my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion all over my face and Phillips Milk of Magnesia in my t-zone area. I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder in Dark - face puff.

I used MUFE #12 Full Cover Concealer - Cozzette P350 Cylinder Concealer Brush - under my eyes set with MAC Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder in Medium Deep - face puff

I used Smashbox Bronze Lights Bronzer in Sunkissed Matte (matte warm tan) for my cheeks - Cozzette Contour Stylist S135 Brush.





5 comments:

  1. I really love these neutral lids with bold lips looks. I wish I could pull them off but my lips are way to big to do these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your lip color! You make me want to go out and get some of those mac lipsticks! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous lippie! i need some of those in my arsenal :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the look, you should try red lips & neutral eyes more often, looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Chanel girl. And u know ur lips are not big at all! If you do matte instead of gloss it doesn't emphasize the size of ur lips tho and Mattenes r the best bet!

    Thanks Santana. I think the Mattenes are sold out by now :( I hope they get repromoted or made permanent.

    Get on it socialite! But any bold lip will do :)

    Thanks indian. I would but then I wouldn't have anything to share on the blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>