Mar 26, 2011

Sleek Makeup Sunset i-Divine Palette - THOUGHTS and SWATCHES...


Sleek Makeup Sunset i-Divine Palette - THOUGHTS and SWATCHES...


Sunset i-Divine Palette

The Sunset i-Divine palette contains 12 highly-pigmented complementary shades representing the sun, sea and sand. With a blend of shimmering golds, reds and blues, this palette is perfect for that sun-kissed look.


The velvet-touch consistency gives full and shimmering coverage to the eye lid for maximum effect. Each shade can be applied alone for a dramatic effect or mixed to create a personalized look.


Best applied with the applicator enclosed.

Price: $10
Size: 12 x 1.1 g 
Availability: Sleek Makeup





************************
My Four Ps

Price 
The Sleek Eyeshadow Palettes retail for $10 on http://www.sleekmakeup.com/ with an additional $13.50 for international shipping to the US. I factored in the shipping because these palettes are not available in the US and in most cases you will need to pay international shipping fees as well. Honestly I don't think the shipping is outlandish either since they are coming from the UK afterall. Now obviously the more products you purchase the better the deal will be since the $13.50 shipping cost covers the entire purchase.
On their own, $10 per palette is quite a deal. You get 12 eyeshadows that contain 1.1g of product each for a grand total of 13.2g of product. Compare these to M∙A∙C Eyeshadows which are $14.50 for 1.5g of product. Even with shipping these amount to less than $2 per eyeshadow. Quite a steal. 

EDIT: FYI these are considered drugstore makeup in the UK....our equivalent of say NYX or Wet 'n' Wild.

Packaging
These eyeshadows come housed in a sleek (quite fitting) black palette with a full-sized mirror inside the lid. The eyeshadows are a bit smaller than a M∙A∙C Eyeshadow and are embossed with a waffle design. They also come with a double ended sponge applicator which is recommended for 'best results'
The palette sports the sleek makeup logo on the front and a label on the back indicating the name of the palette, the ingredients and all that jazz. The eyeshadows do not have individual names which can be a bit tedious in our beauty world of swatches and looks.




Product & Performance
The Sunset i-Divine Palette is a sunset/tropical themed palette and comes with reds, pinks, yellow, orange and even a turquoise blue. All but one of the shades are frosts, high frosts at that, with one lonely matte black shade. While the eyeshadows swatch nicely I must note that they have potential for fallout. They are not completely silky smooth but rather have a chunky feel to them that remind me of the M∙A∙C Lustre finish...particularly the 3 lightest shades in the top row and the yellow in the bottom row. However, the other 8 shades save the day with their beautiful color payoff and great pigmentation.

These are nice eyeshadows for the price and hold up pretty well over a good eyeshadow base/primer. They are all (but one) frosty shades but not metallic so they do accentuate lines and creases. They also blend nicely on the skin but beware the fallout. They are nice to work with and there are many color combinations that can be created from the array of colors.

Overall
This is my favorite of the 4 palettes I picked up (reviews and swatches for those coming up). Although I am frost-shy, the vividness of these shades may me sway a bit to the shimmery side. I think the Sunset i-Divine Palette would be a great option for those of us that love sunset colors (reds, yellows, pinks). The price is also a great plus (even with shipping). But do not expect a superb texture since some of these eyeshadows can get finicky.


PICTURES & SWATCHES

 

 

 The last 3 shades are spotty. Even the last 2 look almost identical in color. The 2nd shade is also almost identical to the 2nd shade in the bottom row.



The last five are my faves with the orange shade taking my breath away! The 2nd shade is almost identical to the 2nd shade in the top row.


* Products received from Sleek MakeUP for consideration : ) This doesn't affect my opinion just saves me some spending money and allows me to introduce more products to you guys!

7 comments:

  1. OMG this palette is gorgeous! I need to check out the Sleek palettes. I got one a while back in a swap but I gave it away (not sure why now). I bet the shipping to Canada will be more pricey too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of the Sleek Palettes that I have, this one is my absolute fave! I think it's the one I reach for constantly (I also think it was the first one I bought). Would love if you'd do a look using this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Saadeh. I do believe the shipping is a flat $13.50 international so it should be the same price for u my dear. This palette I recommend...the others I'm on the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Sleek palettes, their black eyeshadow is the best, so pigmented and intense just the way I like it! Gotta love some sleek!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always been interested in Sleek products, I didn't know you could purchase them online!

    Too bad most of the colours are frosts though. Can't wait to see some looks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so funny that i've been seeing these pop up on different blogs over the last few weeks. I got my little paws on the Storm palette when I went home to the UK a few months back and I haven't gotten around to using it yet. They sell them in the drugstores over there but that was the only palette I saw and it was dirt cheap too. Can't wait to see your review of that one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>