Mar 31, 2011

'Edge of Royalty' Look

'Edge of Royalty' Look

As requested by one of our own, Mercedes, here's a smokey purple look. Now you all may know of my love/hate relationship with purple looks...so I had to add a pop of blue to keep me sane. : )

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Eyeshadow in #02 Black (satin black) all over my lid and slightly into the crease as my primary base. Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush

COLOR:
For the inner lid and tearduct area I used MAC Parfait Amour Eyeshadow (shimmery bluish-violet). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
On the entire lid and slightly into the crease I applied MAC Push The Edge Pigment (shimmery deep purple). MAC 242 Small Shader Brush
To deepen the outer V I used Rock & Republic Fatalistic Eyeshadow (matte black). Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush
On the browbone area for blending and highlight I used the matte nude eyeshadow from the Sleek Storm Makeup PaletteSonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush
For my lower lashline I used MUFE #167 Eyeshadow (shimmery bright blue). MAC 228 Mini Shader Brush

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Crème Eyeliner in Black. MAC #266 Small Angle Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Sigma Eye Liner - E05 Brush
I used MAC PlushLash Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Sense Erotica Eyelashes for effect.




Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Blooming Lovely Lipstick (creamy purple pink) topped with MAC English Accents Lipglass (creamy pink).


Face:

FINISH:
I primed my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used MUFE Mat Velvet + Foundation in #70 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark - Sigma Round Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush.

I used MAC Azalea Blossom Blush Ombre (satin purple pink) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #1 Sculpting Kit for contour - Sigma Angled Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush.




19 comments:

  1. that purple lid color is to die for. Im kicking myself for not picking up that pigment when I had the chance =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it came out! what do you have against purple???!!! lol...looks good on you

    Vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful! I think purple looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to comment, because purple is my favorite color! Honey, this looks great on you and that pop of blue is sheer genuis! It brings out the purple even more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. whattt you have a little hate for purple? you rock it well and its my fav color to work with. it looks great =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous, purple is my favourite colour

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, you're not a big fan of purple--huh? I think it looks lovely on you. As a matter of fact, I have a request for you. How about doing a series/tutorials of "smokey" looks? Browns, Greens, Blues, Purples, Bronze, Blacks, Grey, Mauves, etc...
    Thanks hon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. simply gorgeous. loved it and purple looks great (so great) on you! :-)**

    maria
    http://makeupblah.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tina, my lovely lady! Thank you, thank you, and yet again thank you for fulfilling my request. You are such a GEM! :)And its official: There are so many purple lovers and what more none of us understand your love/hate relationship with it considering how great it looks on you. But I've already shared I think TODO that you do is lovely. Embrace purple, it becomes you! I love this smokey purple look & will try it tomorrow...Smiles :)You're F-A-B!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is an insanely beautiful combo! thanks for sharing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely beautiful,purple is great on u..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great dramatic eye, lovin your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love purple (my favorite color), and I love it on you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww MaviDeniz! That sux. It really is a great purple from MAC for sure. Maybe u will be lucky to see it at a CCO or something.

    Thx Vonnie. I just don't love purple looks on me. I like purple in a mixed look but never by itself. :(

    Thx so much Meme!

    Thanks so much Kendra. I think the blue did indeed brighten the purple. That is what i was going for so I'm glad it worked. I didn't want to look like I had a black eye. LOL!

    Hahahaha KayKay. Yea I hate purple by itself but I like it in combos. I know lots of ppl love purple but it is not my fave :(
    I actually didn't mind this looks tho.

    Thanks BNB.

    I LOVE that idea Felicia! That would really make a good series esp. since I have been practising my smokey. Will defintely be doing this :) Thanks for the idea hon!

    Thanks so so much Maria! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just about keeled over when I saw this post...so glad I found your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just stumbled upon your blog and I'm so glad I did! You are so talented. I'm not much of a purple person either, but u look really good with purple. Rock it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  17. No prob my dear Mercedes. I actually liked how this turned out so no hating here this time. :) Hope ur look went well. Ttyl!

    Thx Sha my luv!

    Thanx Sher girl!

    Thanks huntress. Glad u r enjoying it. :)

    Thanks Erin. I actually liked purple here.

    Thx Daggers. I think Push The Edge rules! Best dark purple!

    Thanx Chelle. LOL! Don't keel over girl! Glad u r liking the blog.

    Thx Leah. And welcome to the Fancy world. LOL! Glad to know I'm not the only one that is not in love with purple. There is just something about it. Idk what it is.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>