Mar 28, 2011

Sleek Makeup i-Divine Palettes - OVERALL...

Sleek Makeup i-Divine Palettes - OVERALL...


 
I have already done a review for each of the Sleek Makeup i-Divine Palettes that I recently purchased. However, I wanted to do a quick overall post with my final thoughts on the Sleek i-Divine Palettes that seem to have taken the beauty world by storm.

Here are each of the individual reviews:
Sleek Makeup ORIGINAL i-Divine Palette
Sleek Makeup CHAOS i-Divine Palette
Sleek Makeup STORM i-Divine Palette
Sleek Makeup SUNSET i-Divine Palette


************************ 

My Four Ps

Price 
The Sleek Eyeshadow Palettes retail for $10 on http://www.sleekmakeup.com/ with an additional $13.50 for international shipping to the US.

These are considered drugstore makeup in the UK....our equivalent of say NYX or Wet 'n' Wild. They are priced closer to NYX palettes rather than Wet 'n' Wild (no one beats WnW prices). For our UK beauty lovers these palettes are a great deal! But for us in the US the shipping my dissuade us quite a bit.

If you purchase one palette the total cost is $23.50 and I will say point blank that none of the palettes are worth $23.50 each. If you buy 2 palettes then it's $16.75 each which again I say isn't worth it for drugstore quality eyeshadows. If you and 3 would be $14.50 each which is getting closer to what would be an expected price for these palettes in the US. If you buy all 7 eyeshadow palettes that are currently available then you are spending roughly $12 per palette for 12 eyeshadows. This is closer in price to the US equivalent of drugstore makeup.

With that little price breakdown in mind, I know most if not all of us will not buy all 7 palettes currently available. In fact, most of us will waver between 2-3 of the palettes for our collection. So we will be spending a bit more per palette than we would on any of our US drugstore counterparts.

But the question is...is it worth it? Of course, the answer will differ for different people. For me...NOPE! Honestly I would not spend $15 on any drugstore palette and that's just what I did for Sleek Makeup. But in the name of blogging I bit the bullet and did what I would not normally do. No must haves for me here....sorry to say.

Packaging
I have no qualms about the packaging. It is sleek and functional and pretty much what I would/should expect. It is nice, durable and not at all fragile which is great for drugstore makeup.

Product & Performance
These palettes are mostly frosty shades with one or two mattes thrown in. For frost lovers these may tickle your fancy. But matte fiends beware, the matte palette was the worst one I tried. The eyeshadows do come with fallout issues, which tends to be true for most lower-end brands. Some of the shades are really pigmented and smooth while others are sheer and chunky. It is really hit or miss for these palettes.

Overall
If I had to recommend any of these palettes I say go for Storm and Sunset. Avoid Chaos like the plague and skip Original and opt for Storm instead. I also hear that the Limited Edition Palettes tend to have better color payoff and nicer shades than the regular palettes so maybe look into those as well. You will be paying more for these 'drugstore' palettes by virtue of shipping costs so if it is worth it to you go for it. They are drugstore quality and there is nothing superb or stand-out about the colors so it is really up to you.




6 comments:

  1. I'd say to any US readers that they should get a nice UK blogger to CP/swap, it's so much cheaper. Sleek shipping is stupid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. robyn girl r u saying u will CP for me? I will love u forever! I really want those LE ones though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW Robyn that's a great idea instead of paying the stupid Sleek shipping costs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can also check ebay for reseller might be cheaper shipping

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post! I've been very curious about Sleek Makeup- especially where to get it, and your price break down helps loads!
    Definitely gonna check out individual palette reviews next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...interesting price breakdown! Really thoughtful blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>