Mar 29, 2011

'Gunmetal Smoke' Look

'Gunmetal Smoke' Look

This is a very simple look using come of my new eyeshadows from Giorgio Armani and Guerlain. I think I am now officially a smokey look girl. : )


Eyes:
PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Eyeshadow #13 (satin black) all over my lid and slightly into the crease as my primary base. Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush

COLOR:
On the entire lid and slightly into the crease I applied Guerlain L'instant D'une Émotion 185 Eyeshadow(shimmery gunmetal silver). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
On the upper lashline, outer V and slightly into the crease I used Rock & Republic Fatalistic Eyeshadow (matte black). Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush
On the browbone area for blending and highlight I used the matte nude eyeshadow from the Sleek Storm Makeup PaletteMAC 217 Blending Brush
For my lower lashline I used MAC Black Black Chromagraphic Pencil (matte black).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Sigma Eye Liner - E05 Brush
I used MAC PlushLash Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Sense Adventurous Eyelashes for effect.



Lips:
POLISH:
For my lips I used YSL #8 Rouge Volupté Lipstick (creamy vibrant pink) topped with YSL Gloss Pur #9 Lipgloss (creamy pink).


Face:
FINISH:
I primed my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used MUFE Mat Velvet + Foundation in #70 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark - Sigma Round Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush.

I used MAC Coygirl Blush (matte purple pink) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #1 Sculpting Kit for contour - Sigma Angled Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush.


5 comments:

  1. very nice tina. smokey eyes are my favorite and i wear them during the day too. i hope you do a lot more smokey looks because your looks often inspire me, even if i cant recreate it lol. love the colors they are amazing and so pigmented and you, gorgeous as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Once u go smokey, u never go back" me, lol!

    Adding that YSL lipstick to my wishlist, I lovez it on u, hopefully it'll look as good on me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love smokey eyes as well. It also decreases the protruding character of big eyed gals like us!


    Question: For the foundation, did you use MUFE or MAC, 'cause you have MUFE Mat Velvet in NC 44, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL @Shadowy Lady. That is such a true statement. I call smokey eyes the 5 min eye shadow look. Great look Tina. I'm sure it was quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome KayKay. Thanks girl. I have been doing smokey looks so much lately. They r easier to do and don't take much thought at all. Plus the weather is not motivating me to use color just yet. :)

    Hahhahaa Saadeh. I blame u Miss! LOL! I like YSL but not the price! I only own that one lipstick and it will probably be my last. :(

    LOL Erin. We have big eyes indeed! I used the MUFE...hahaha! I corrected it. Thx for the heads up. Poor MUFE in NC44. Hahahahaha!

    Oh yea Nickie. Smokey is great. So effortless. I used to avoid them but now I have joined the club.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>