Mar 29, 2011

'Gunmetal Smoke' Look

'Gunmetal Smoke' Look

This is a very simple look using come of my new eyeshadows from Giorgio Armani and Guerlain. I think I am now officially a smokey look girl. : )

I started off with NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Eyeshadow #13 (satin black) all over my lid and slightly into the crease as my primary base. Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush

On the entire lid and slightly into the crease I applied Guerlain L'instant D'une Émotion 185 Eyeshadow(shimmery gunmetal silver). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
On the upper lashline, outer V and slightly into the crease I used Rock & Republic Fatalistic Eyeshadow (matte black). Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush
On the browbone area for blending and highlight I used the matte nude eyeshadow from the Sleek Storm Makeup PaletteMAC 217 Blending Brush
For my lower lashline I used MAC Black Black Chromagraphic Pencil (matte black).

My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Sigma Eye Liner - E05 Brush
I used MAC PlushLash Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Sense Adventurous Eyelashes for effect.

For my lips I used YSL #8 Rouge Volupté Lipstick (creamy vibrant pink) topped with YSL Gloss Pur #9 Lipgloss (creamy pink).

I primed my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used MUFE Mat Velvet + Foundation in #70 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark - Sigma Round Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush.

I used MAC Coygirl Blush (matte purple pink) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #1 Sculpting Kit for contour - Sigma Angled Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush.


  1. very nice tina. smokey eyes are my favorite and i wear them during the day too. i hope you do a lot more smokey looks because your looks often inspire me, even if i cant recreate it lol. love the colors they are amazing and so pigmented and you, gorgeous as always

  2. "Once u go smokey, u never go back" me, lol!

    Adding that YSL lipstick to my wishlist, I lovez it on u, hopefully it'll look as good on me :)

  3. I love smokey eyes as well. It also decreases the protruding character of big eyed gals like us!

    Question: For the foundation, did you use MUFE or MAC, 'cause you have MUFE Mat Velvet in NC 44, LOL!

  4. LOL @Shadowy Lady. That is such a true statement. I call smokey eyes the 5 min eye shadow look. Great look Tina. I'm sure it was quick and easy.

  5. Awesome KayKay. Thanks girl. I have been doing smokey looks so much lately. They r easier to do and don't take much thought at all. Plus the weather is not motivating me to use color just yet. :)

    Hahhahaa Saadeh. I blame u Miss! LOL! I like YSL but not the price! I only own that one lipstick and it will probably be my last. :(

    LOL Erin. We have big eyes indeed! I used the MUFE...hahaha! I corrected it. Thx for the heads up. Poor MUFE in NC44. Hahahahaha!

    Oh yea Nickie. Smokey is great. So effortless. I used to avoid them but now I have joined the club.


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.