Mar 26, 2011

Sleek Makeup Chaos i-Divine Palette - THOUGHTS and SWATCHES...

Sleek Makeup Chaos i-Divine Palette - THOUGHTS and SWATCHES...


Chaos i-Divine Palette
The Chaos i-Divine palette comprises of 12 intense and high impact shades with a matte finish for the daring..and trend focused individual.

Each shade can be applied alone for a dramatic effect or mixed to create a personalized look.


Best applied with the applicator enclosed.

Price: $10
Size: 12 x 1.1 g 
Availability: Sleek Makeup




************************
My Four Ps

Price 
The Sleek Eyeshadow Palettes retail for $10 on http://www.sleekmakeup.com/ with an additional $13.50 for international shipping to the US. I factored in the shipping because these palettes are not available in the US and in most cases you will need to pay international shipping fees as well. Honestly I don't think the shipping is outlandish either since they are coming from the UK afterall. Now obviously the more products you purchase the better the deal will be since the $13.50 shipping cost covers the entire purchase.
On their own, $10 per palette is quite a deal. You get 12 eyeshadows that contain 1.1g of product each for a grand total of 13.2g of product. Compare these to M∙A∙C Eyeshadows which are $14.50 for 1.5g of product. Even with shipping these amount to less than $2 per eyeshadow. Quite a steal. 

These are considered drugstore makeup in the UK....our equivalent of say NYX or Wet 'n' Wild. They are priced closer to NYX palettes rather than Wet 'n' Wild (no one beats WnW prices).

Packaging
These eyeshadows come housed in a sleek (quite fitting) black palette with a full-sized mirror inside the lid. The eyeshadows are a bit smaller than a M∙A∙C Eyeshadow and are embossed with a waffle design. They also come with a double ended sponge applicator which is recommended for 'best results'
The palette sports the sleek makeup logo on the front and a label on the back indicating the name of the palette, the ingredients and all that jazz. The eyeshadows do not have individual names which can be a bit tedious in our beauty world of swatches and looks.


Product & Performance
The Chaos i-Divine Palette is a matte eyeshadow palette and comes with reds, pinks, neutrals and blues/teal/green. All these eyeshadows are matte in finish and have poor pigmentation. They are also chalky and powdery. You will need to really pack on the eyeshadow to get a decent color payoff. They also fade within a hour or two of wear even with a primer.

Overall
This palette was the one I was looking forward to because I LOVE mattes. However, I was seriously disappointed with the spotty color payoff. I say stay away from this one altogether. No bueno!


PICTURES & SWATCHES




 Top Row: The white didn't even swatch at all! Everything else is after packing on the color with all my might!

  Bottom Row: The yellow again didn't even swatch at all! Everything else is after packing on the color with all my might! The black was the only savior here.



5 comments:

  1. I ditched this palette not long after I bought it too, but I haven't bought a Sleek palette I don't like since! Their mattes have got much better since then IMO, although I still wear them over NYX Milk. I don't know how much Sleek you've tried before, but don't give up on them based on this palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sooooo much for reviewing this product! I will NOT have to worry about international shipping... Not for this product anyway. By the way, what's your favorite or go to mascara?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award! Please check my blog for all the tag rules!

    Looooove your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with u Robyn. Sorry to say I will not be buying anymore Sleek products. It's just not worth the shipping for me when I can just use NYX or Wet 'n' Wild from the US drugstores. If I was in the UK then I would get more to try out.

    Hahahahahaaaa Sharon! I really don't have a fave mascara. None has blown me away. But I use MAC Plushlash, Covergirl lashblast and Too Faced Lash Injection in rotation.

    Thanks honey bun Red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shipping to the US now is less than $4. I wonder how the other palettes compare.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>