Apr 30, 2010

The Instyler Quick Review

The Instyler Quick Review

Yep! I broke down and got the Instyler!

Many of you have probably seen the infomercials about the Instyler Rotating Hot Iron Hair Styler. I decided after much debate to get my hands on it during their $14.99 30-day Trial Offer. So if I didn't like it I wouldn't lose too much. 

Well well well....after my look of the day today, many of you guys commented on my hair. So I decided to do a quick review of the device.

 
Review:


At first it was tricky to use. I had to figure out what angle to hold the iron and how slowly to pull it through my hair and how much hair to do at a time. I recommend watching the online videos at www.getinstyler.com before attacking your own hair.


How did I use it? I washed my hair and conditioned it and let it air dry. I did NOT add any products to my hair because the website says to use on CLEAN hair. I made sure my hair was 95% air dry before using the iron. I used the highest heat setting and let the iron heat up for about a minute. I sectioned my hair in 3 inch sections and worked from back to front.


Section by section, I detangled with my rat-tail comb through to the ends. I then used the rotating barrel to press and rub against my roots to get them straight. Then I clamped my hair between the barrel and the brush and slowly (SLOWLY) moved the iron through my hair down to the ends. I used the device with the barrel under the hair section and the brushes on top. Once my hair was between the two parts, I also slightly turned the iron so that the barrel was aiming up to get a nice curl. I did stay a little longer on the ends to make sure those were shiny and straight,


I didn't use any shining drops and hairspray and taaddaaa! It looks shiny and healthy and bouncy with no additional hair product. So far I am very happy and my TRIAL will become permanent!



7 comments:

  1. i noticed you had some shiny bouncy curls in your last makeup post! plz share, does it have temperature control, or just preset high/low switch. thank you! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweetness! It has three (3) temperature settings High, Medium, Low for different hair types.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Review, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How long did it take you to do your hair? Did you feel like it took you less time/effort than when you used to do your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Crystal! It takes about 30-45 minutes to do my hair now using the Instyler. Before it would take up to 1-1/2 hours to blow dry and flat iron. The Instyler takes less time and effort and leaves my hair healthier than before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought an Instyler this weekend after reading your review! I'm gonna watch some of the online videos and try it out! Thanks for this I had been thinking about getting one for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great Janel! I hope u like it as much as I do. But remember don't give up if it doesn't seem to work on the first try. It takes some getting used to. Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>