Apr 16, 2010

Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray REVIEW

Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray REVIEW

So Urban Decay has come out with some new products for long wearing makeup - Makeup Setting Sprays. They have different formulas for Normal Skin, Drier Skin, Oily Skin and even one with Moisturizer and SPF.

So I decided to give the De-Slick Oil Control version a try since I always have problems with oil throughout the day plus this was my chance to take advantage of the 30% off sale. Of course this is meant for oily skin...


REVIEW - I used this product for a few days so far and here is my review...

My 3 P's:

Packaging - This packaging is far from typical Urban Decay style. The product itself comes in a pretty simple (and cheap) looking spray bottle with a colorful stick label all around the bottle. The spray nozzle does not deliver as fine a mist as I would expect from for a makeup spray. I was not at all impressed by the packaging so I transferred some of the product to an empty fine mister bottle from the drug store.


Product - The spray itself is a clear liquid that has a very faint smell of generic hairspray. This smell is not overpowering and goes away after a few seconds.

Performance - The instructions say to apply before foundation and after for a long lasting effect. Shake, Sweep (in a 'X' and 'T' shape across the face) and Spray 6-8 inches away from the face.

I shook and sprayed the product in a 'X' shape across my face (about 6 inches away) after applying my moisturizer. I then used a sponge to spread the product over my nose and across my t-zone. I allowed that to dry for about a minute then I applied my foundation and setting powder and then sprayed once again but this time only once spritz about 12 inches away from my face to finish.



At first the product made my face feel a bit stiff but that wore off in a few minutes and I no longer 'felt' the product on my face. When they say Matte you better expect Matte! The spray leaves a completely matte finish to my makeup. It lasts all day (over 9 hours for me) and my makeup still looks freshly done at the end of the day. However, after a few hours there was some slight oiliness on my nose but my nose is like an oil source so I don't mind the one touch-up of blot powder 4-5 hours into my day.


Overall:
Overall I think this is a great product for oily skin and I highly recommend it. It is quite costly at $29 for 4.0 US fl. oz. but this will lasts for months on end so it's money well spent.
I advise getting a fine mister bottle instead of using the bottle it comes in to get a finer mist. The bottle itself is okay but I have used better.
Get ready for a matte finish. If this is not your taste then this is not your spray....unless you apply shimmer after spraying.
This is not a miracle worker so expect at least one touch-up during the day....but if you are like me and require a few touch-ups otherwise then it's miracle enough for me!
Check it out....


Read More from Urban Decay below...


When the oil production of your face rivals a small OPEC nation, you need a mighty ally. De-Slick uses innovative oil control that both absorbs excess sebum and controls surface shine. The problem-solving formula mists on, feels weightless, and sets makeup so it lasts ALL DAY. Its light dispersing particles deflect shine and deliver a matte look for up to 16 hours. Really.

De-Slick also contains powerful temperature control technology, which keeps your makeup from melting down when it’s warm and humid, and dehydrating when its cold and windy. Simply mist on before, and again after, your beauty routine to prevent loss of color, melting, sliding, excess shine, fading eyeshadow and lip color disappearance. AND it’s formulated to resist moisture, so you can fearlessly sweat, cry, or get your Jacuzzi on... while your makeup remains looking just-applied.

This seemingly weird extra step suddenly becomes the one step you can’t do without. Backed by years of science, De-Slick is simply unlike any other product available.

And yes, its allergy tested, dermatologist tested, vegan, cruelty free, and free of oil, parabens, and fragrance.

Tips: • Shake it! Before use. • Sweep it! (In an “X” and “T” formation) Across face to evenly distribute mist over eyes, cheeks, lips. • Spray it! Holding bottle about 6-8” from face.
Fill Weight: 118 mL e 4.0 US fl oz.

Ingredients:

Aqua (Water),SD-Alcohol 39-C,Polyhydroxystearic Acid,Isononyl Isononanoate,Ethylhexyl Isononanoate,Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate,PVP,Phenoxyethanol,Caprylyl Glycol,Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide,Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer,Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate,Gluconolactone,Sodium Benzoate,PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate,Glycereth-5 Lactate,Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice,Fragrance

Price: $29.00

3 comments:

  1. Seems like a winner over fix+ or having to blot multiple times a day. I'm not a daily foundation wearer, just a lip combo, mascara, liner and blush. But when I get oily...I get oily! and I hate having to use oil blotting sheets. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your review. Love the shoes, in the above post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you ever tried Ben Nye's Final Seal? I like it a lot better than De-slick as it lasted through rain, a night at a club, and the 2 hr drive home..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>