Apr 30, 2010

'Sour Grapes' Look

'Sour Grapes' Look

SO I realized that I am not a fan of monochromatic looks - one color scheme looks (think light pink to medium pink to dark pink)! I prefer to mix and match my colors and do combos rather than stick to one color palette.

Anybody know the Fable - The Fox and the Grapes...it's has a great lesson...check it out!

\

Eyes:


PRIME:
I started off with Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my lid up to the brow bone. I also applied MAC Painterly Paintpot (matte creamy beige) all over my lid up to my brow bone as my primary base.
 
COLOR:
On the tear duct, I applied MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory). 
Next on the inner lid, I applied MAC True Chartreuse Pigment (matte lemon/chartreuse green).
Then on the middle of the lid, I applied MAC Chartreuse Pigment (shimmery lemon/chartreuse green).
On the outer lid and crease I applied MAC French Violet Pigment (matte medium purple).
For the outer V I used MAC Rich Purple Pigment (matte dark purple).
For highlight I used MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory). 
 
BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Spiked.

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Creme Eyeliner in Black. 
I lined my lower waterline with Loreal HIP Creme Eyeliner in Black and Inglot #87 (teal) Gel Eyeliner.
On my lower lashline I also smudged a bit of MAC Marine Ultra Pigment (matte blue).
I used MAC Opulash Mascara for my lashes.


Lips:

POLISH: 
MAC Siss Lipstick and MAC Sock Hop Lipglass.


Face:

FINISH:
I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe with MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW35 under my eyes. I set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark.
I used MAC Vintage Grape Blush Ombre for my cheeks.      


 
 

13 comments:

  1. I heart this look and your hair in these pics. You're just too hot for words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your posts. Can you do a post on your hair regimen? Your hair is GORGEOUS in this post...all bouncy..ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great look girl! Love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Artistic, I appreciate your sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm going to have to try this look out. Very Cute!

    ♥ SailorWifey

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a mix of colors too! And your hair looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it. It really compliments your outfit, and ur hair looks great

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair is beautiful, and the makeup oh the makeup is always the bomb. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank u so much my lovelies!

    Funny u guys should mentioned my hair. I just broke down and got the Instyler and I must say it makes my hair shiny and full without using products. Otherwise all I use are Loreal EverPure Shampoos and Conditioners. Only wash my hair every 3 days and let it air dry before styling it in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your makeup looks, so pretty, you should do tutorials:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm working on the whole tutorial thing now. Wish me luck plz!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this look. In fact, you have the most amazing colour combinations of all the makeup blogs I frequent! Thank you for all the inspiration! I can't wait until Xmas comes and I get my very own 'makeup corner' so I can have the perfect spot to play with all my colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>