Apr 29, 2010

'Bright Spring Sunshine' Look

'Bright Spring Sunshine' Look

I'm feeling a bit under the weather today so I wanted to brighten my day with this look. I was inspired by a YouTube video (hair tutorial but I was focused on her makeup) so I wanted to give it a try. Here's what I came up with...


Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my lid up to the brow bone. I also applied MAC Soft Ochre Paintpot (matte light yellowy cream) all over my lid up to my brow bone as my primary base.
 
COLOR:
On the inner lid and tear duct, I applied MAC Bright Future Eyeshadow (shimmery yellow).
Next on the middle of the lid, I applied MAC Orange Eyeshadow (matte orange).
On the outer lid and outer V I applied MAC Cross-Cultural Eyeshadow (matte medium brown).
For the crease and brow bone I used MAC Goldenrod Eyeshadow (matte golden yellow ).
For highlight I used MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (shimmery champagne gold). 
 
BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with MAC Dipdown Fluidline (matte dark brown).
Then I lined my lower waterline with Inglot #82 (purple) and Inglot #87 (teal) Cream Eyeliners.
I used MAC Opulash Mascara for my lashes.

Lips:

POLISH: 
MAC Kinda Sexy Lipstick and MAC Melt In Your Mouth Cremesheen Glass.

Face:

FINISH:
I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe with MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer in NW35 under my eyes. I set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark.
I used MUFE #22 Sculpting Blush for my cheeks.            

9 comments:

  1. Girlllllllllllllllll, I am loving this look, I did a similar look a while ago, you should try Ben Nyes Sun Yellow you would love it. I am definately buying some Inglot stuff at the makeup show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! I love that orange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe, I'm wearing Bright future today too. My look is nowhere as bright and beautiful as yours though. I think because of the crappy week I'm having my looks are more subtle.

    Btw, I wish I could rock a yellow shirt like you. My skintone rejects anything yellow/orange and peach :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Island Beauty huh.. I love her looks also

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! very springy. I think the two different colors on the lower liner is very creative and adds a nice pop to the look. Oh yea and btw those yellow shoes are to die for! I really enjoy your blog!
    please check mine out
    www.claudsmakeupcorner.blogspot.com

    - Claud <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the unexpected pop of color on the waterline!I hope you feel better. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colour in your waterline!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thx lovelies!

    Yep TheIslandBeauty rocks! She is so beautiful and fierce! Love her!

    I was actually liking the yellow on the brow bone...I might try it again!

    And the pop of color on the lower lashline is a definite repeat! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>