Feb 11, 2010

Clé de Peau Beauté Extra Silky Lipstick

Clé de Peau Beauté Extra Silky Lipstick - Holy Grail or Just Hype??

After hearing great things about the Clé de Peau Beauté Extra Silky Lipsticks I had to go and try it out for myself.

These lipsticks are high end and expensive. They retail at Nordstrom for $52 (+ tax) for 0.07 oz. They are marketed as: 

With a superbly soft and gentle formula that seems to melt over lips, this slim-type lipstick achieves pure, elegant sheer color.

Key benefits and ingredients:
- Moisture-wrapping oil creates a moist, luxurious-looking luster.
- Exclusive Clé de Peau Beauté advanced moisturizing Hydro-Wrap Complex.
- Argan tree oil for smooth application and wear.  

- By Clé de Peau Beauté. 

With the price and the hype, these lipsticks have a lot to live up to. But did they rock my socks??

My Experience:
I purchased shade 109 which is a creamy pinky nude on my lips. I am not by no means a lipstick lover. Lipsticks tend to be very drying on my lips and sink into all my creases giving a not so pretty pout.

But this lipstick glided on smoothly without sinking into creases. It has a nice sheen but it not too glossy. The wear is not the best and touch ups are a repeat must. On average it lasted about 2 hours before I had to reapply. 

This particular shade has a creamy finish. They also have shimmery shades that contain glittery bits. The shimmery finish feels a bit gritty on the lips and I am definitely not a fan of sandy feeling lipstick.

While I like this lipstick I do NOT love it. At $52 + a pop for just 0.07 oz this is not worth it at all. There are numerous other lipsticks that can do just about the same for way less than this one. This lipstick is manufactured by Shiseido, my go to skincare brand, so I'm sure I can find comparable products on that side of the fence. I will not repurchase.

FYI....you cannot return used cosmetics to Nordstrom. So don't expect to test and return if you don't fall in love.

Pics and Swatches:


 

7 comments:

  1. Wow $52 for a lipstick!? Um no, that's crazy and I have spent a lot on brushes/foundations and the most I'll spend on the lips is $20. It's a pretty color on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. i never knew that nordstrom doesn't do return on used cosmetics... hmmm no lipstick is worth $52 in my eyes... now their concealer... i'm willing to spend for that! hahaha! i've heard amazing things about the concealer too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx hon! Seriously! $52 was so not worth it! Expensive lesson learned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nordstrom changed their policy on cosmetic returns...they will not accept opened or used cosmetics anymore...it has to be a sale-able condition...which makes sense.

    The concealer? Hmmm...gotta check that out now..hahahaaa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is alot of money, but the color looks good on you though

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>