Apr 8, 2011

'Sleek Sunset' Look

'Sleek Sunset' Look

This look was inspired by the Sleek Sunset Palette that I recently purchased and reviewed. This is from favorite palette from the Sleek makeup line and I absolutely love the colors! They are bright and vivid and work so well together.


I started off with Too Faced Shadow Insurance all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (creamy beige) all over my lid and slightly into the crease as my primary base. Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush

For the tearduct area I used the shimmery gold bronze eyeshadow from the Sleek Sunset Makeup PaletteMAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
On the inner lid I applied the shimmery orange eyeshadow from the Sleek Sunset Makeup Palette. MAC 242 Small Shader Brush
Next to that I applied the shimmery raspberry eyeshadow from the Sleek Sunset Makeup Palette. MAC 242 Small Shader Brush
For the outer lid and crease I used shimmery burgundy eyeshadow from the Sleek Sunset Makeup Palette. Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush
To deepen the outer V I used MAC Indian Ink Eyeshadow (matte purple). Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush
On the browbone area for blending and highlight I used the matte nude eyeshadow from the Sleek Storm Makeup PaletteSonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush
For my lower lashline I used the shimmery bright blue eyeshadow from the Sleek Sunset Makeup Palette - MAC 242 Small Shader Brush - MIDDLE and MAC Indian Ink Eyeshadow (matte purple)MAC 242 Small Shader Brush - OUTER.

My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

I lined my upper lashline and lower waterline with Tarte's emphasEYES™ Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in BlackMAC 266 Small Angle Brush
I used L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Sense Erotica Eyelashes for effect.


For my lips I used MAC Kinda Sexy Lipstick (matte neutral coral) topped with MAC Strange Potion Lipglass (satin coral).

I primed my skin with a test moisturizer. I used Tarte ReCreate™ Anti-Aging Foundation in Walnut 20 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with Tarte Smooth Operator™ Micronized Clay Finishing Powder - Sigma Round Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush.

I used MAC Peaches Blush (matte peach) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour - Sigma Angled Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush.


  1. i'm going to have to try and steal this look! ... its gorgeous!

  2. A few days ago, when I was visiting Your blog, I was thinking to myself: is she gonna do a Sunset look with Sleek Palette? Yeeeeah, You did :D Awesome !!!
    This orange eyeshadow is so bright and vivid, to die for :)

  3. Tina, Tina, Tina

    I just told myself I wasn't buying any makeup for a while. I just got the Sleek palettes in Bad Girl and the Original. The shipping cost and the delivery time was ridiculous, but this look is gorgeous! I may have to order this palette...mmmmh.

    Keep up the amazing work!


  4. gorgeous! you always come up with the best color combos

  5. Lovely! Are you gonna do a vid for it?

  6. I love this! The colours are both vivid and subtle at the same time! Please do a vid!
    Dree xx

  7. I love the look you came up with!! It's stunning!! I have the bad girl palette...but have had my eye on the sunset palette.

  8. I love Sunset palette.this look is so beautiful hun,love it!

  9. I love you work soo much that for me personally you are one of the best makeup artists online :D

  10. After your initial review, which I really appreciate, I said I wasn't going to buy the sleek products but after this look I think I need to at least get this palette! The look is GORGEOUS!!!

  11. This is such a beautiful look! You never cease to amaze me.

  12. This is very pretty. I may just have to pick this palette up..It's stunning.

  13. Gorge!! I will be creating a similar look. ;-)


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.