Apr 14, 2011

'Khaki Teal' Look

'Khaki Teal' Look

This is a really simple look with a pop of color (only three eyeshadows). My love for Guerlain....that keeps intensifying with each use of their eyeshadows. But I just don't get the hype of MAC Parrot Eyeshadow - it IS nice but not overly so...who knows....


Eyes: 
PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and slightly into the crease as my primary base. Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush

COLOR:
On the entire lid and slightly into the crease I applied Guerlain L'instant Nuit 182 Eyeshadow (shimmery slate grey w/ olive tones). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
On the inner lid I used MAC Parrot Eyeshadow (shimmery teal). Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush
On the browbone area for blending and highlight I used the matte nude eyeshadow from the Sleek Storm Makeup PaletteMAC 217 Blending Brush
For my lower lashline I used Guerlain L'instant Nuit 182 Eyeshadow (shimmery slate grey w/ olive tones). MAC 219 Pencil Brush

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Sigma Eye Liner - E05 Brush
I used L'Oreal Carbon Black Voluminuous Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Sense Adventurous Eyelashes for effect.


Lips:
POLISH:
For my lips I used MUFE Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick in #39 (creamy coral) topped with MAC Ensign Lustreglass (shimmery coral).


Face:
FINISH:
I primed my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used Tarte ReCreate™ Anti-Aging Foundation in Walnut 20 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with Tarte Smooth Operator™ Micronized Clay Finishing Powder - Sigma Round Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush.

I used MAC Melba Blush (matte dusty coral) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #1 Sculpting Kit for contour - Sigma Angled Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush.


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful look and that shirt is beautiful on you- love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the way you blend colours together.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOOOOORGEOUS! I LOVE THIS! I'm gonna try it on my next night out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty. You got me wanting those Guerlain shadows.

    That's funny, 'cause I love Parrot e/s, LOL! To each his own though, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thx Kendra. I love the bright spring color of this shirt too!

    Thx Mercedes :)

    Thanks Veronica! Go for it luv!

    Thanks Erin. The Guerlain shadows r so worth it. LOL @ Parrot. I like it but I don't love it. It is nice but I guess I expected more after all the mad rush to get it. Idk :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this color, you always look flawless. I have a question: do you happen to teach one on one makeup techniques or how to apply foundation? I been looking for someone to teach me how to apply my foundation since when I go to MAC or any other store, they apply it looking cakey... If you do, please email me: inheels.itrust@gmail.com and let me know how much you charge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanx Angelys! Nope I haven't taught any courses just yet. LOL. I'll put a post out there and see how many ppl would be interested in a meetup to just go over basic makeup techniques. I feel funny charging anyone to learn things that I learned on my own but maybe lunch? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tina: Let me tell you, my BF purchased a ticket for me to go to a "seminar" from a YouTube Guru and it was a waste of my time. $295 and I wanted to get up and jump at her, but kept my cool. So paying you would be an honor because I can see your talent and dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is really simple and pretty! I will be wearing it this week during one of my nights out! Great post as always =)

    p.s. do you mind if I recreate one of your looks on my blog? Of course I would mention your work as a reference along with a link to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this look and I hope to see a full tutorial soon. VERY PRETTY! I still cannot believe you are self taught....are you sure you never took a class somewhere?

    Thanks for another beautiful look hon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it. I am going to have to find something to duplicate this look. Very pretty..How does the cream liner work on the waterline . I was going to try it...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is hot! I love to wear silver/grey shadows and I never thought about wearing the bright color in the inner corner and the silver color on the lid. I usually wear the silver color in the crease or the outer V. I love it!!! Gonna try this asap.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Angelys! U r too kind! I think $295 is crazy to spend on something useless. I wouldn't mind showing u guys tips and tricks but I am so afraid that I wouldn't have too much to share. I did a post to see if anyone else was interested and if so what they would want to learn. We'll see if we can set up an informal meetup and learn some tricks. :)

    Thanks so much Mastered. Glad u like it. Feel free to use my pics hon just make sure to give credit and link back to the blog. :) Hope u have fun with it!

    Thx Felicia! No tut for this one but it was really simple...just two e/s. 100% self taught. I never took a class but I sure want to at some point. I think the MAC and MUFE 1-day classes r beneficial.

    Thanks Krista. The L'Oreal gel eyeliner is the only one that stays on my waterline. I love it.

    Thanks favorisntfair. Go ahead and mix it up girl. Pop any bright color on the inner corner or even on the waterline. It really jazzes up a look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tina, I would sure like a video of this look. Just beautiful...I love the colors. You are beautiful as usual. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>