Apr 4, 2011

'Color Block' Look

'Color Block' Look

For this look I was inspired by Katy Perry's cover photo for Elle Magazine featuring the new fashion trend - color blocking. It's a great Spring trend using contrasting brights colors together. I thought I would try it out with makeup instead.


The Inspiration

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with Too Faced Shadow Insurance all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (creamy beige) all over my lid and slightly into the crease as my primary base. Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush

COLOR:
For the entire lid I used Magnolia Makeup Garden District Pigment (matte grass green). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
On the outer lid and into the crease I applied MUFE #92 Eyeshadow (matte brilliant purple). Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush
On the browbone area for blending and highlight I used Magnolia Makeup Buff Pigment (matte light beige). Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush
For my lower lashline I used Bourjois Metallic Eyeliner in Blue Clinquant (shimmery bright blue).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with MUFE #4 Metal Powder using MUFE Eye Seal. Tarte Eye Liner Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Sigma Eye Liner - E05 Brush
I used MAC PlushLash Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Sense Style 213 Eyelashes for effect.


Lips:
POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Petals & Peacocks Lipstick (raspberry pink) topped with MAC True Babe Lipglass (creamy bright pink).


Face:
FINISH:
I primed my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in #350 Caramel - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark - Sigma Round Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush.

I used MAC Overdyed Blush (satin bright raspberry pink) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #1 Sculpting Kit for contour - Sigma Angled Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush.




14 comments:

  1. this is so pretty, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love that. What a fun and colorful idea...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the purple/green combo never thought of it!
    You always come up with great color combo anyways ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous..the way you play with colors no-one can

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning your skills are aamzing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You Rock girl, just amazing, you can put any color together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering if you used a different foundation, because it looked different (but great) on the tutorial.

    I already commented on the YT vid, so you know how I feel about it, LOL. (I'm EdotRich)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful and yet again wonderful :) Way to start April w 3 posts for us. Thank you for all your dedication to the beauty community. You're a GEM

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous..only word I can think of to describe this look

    ReplyDelete
  10. arghhhh this is so gorgeous i don't know what to say Tina! You are the queen of colours! and is that a dress u're wearing? what a beautiful shade of blue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! That green from Magnolia makeup is gorgeous!!!! Love it...i ordered mine last week and they are scheduled to come today...Can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the look! I like how you translated a fashion trend into a makeup look =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>