Apr 20, 2011

'China Blue' Look

'China Blue' Look

This look is an extremely simple navy smokey eye using my favorite dark blue eyeshadow - NARS China Blue! I will be doing a smokey look tutorial series as suggested by one of our lovely readers using a variety of colors and themes....coming up soon. : )

Happy HUMP DAY!


Eyes: 
PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Greasepaint Stick in (satin deep blue) all over my lid and slightly into the crease as my primary base. Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush

COLOR:
On the entire lid and slightly into the crease I applied NARS China Blue Eyeshadow (matte navy). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
For blending and highlight I used MUFE #76 Eyeshadow (matte nude).  Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush
For the lower lashline I used Stila Kajal Eye Liner in Sapphire (deep navy). 

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Spiked and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Sigma Eye Liner - E05 Brush
I used L'Oreal Carbon Black Voluminuous Mascara for my lashes and added #523 Eyelashes from Nigels Beauty Emporium for effect.


Lips:
POLISH:

For my lips I used Clé de Peau Beauté Extra Silky Lipstick in #109 (creamy neutral pink).



Face:
FINISH:
I primed my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used Tarte ReCreate™ Anti-Aging Foundation in Walnut 20 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with Tarte Smooth Operator™ Micronized Clay Finishing Powder - Sigma Round Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush.

I used MAC Overdyed Blush (satin raspberry pink) for my cheeks - Real Techniques Blush Brush.


  

8 comments:

  1. China Blue is the best dark blue, I have it on my self today... LOL,

    ReplyDelete
  2. You getting these smokey looks down. Love it..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love. Dark shadow all over your lid doesn't even look too strong or bold at all! Very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!!!
    This is a beautiful way to start your series. I can't wait to see more. I just have to figure out how to recreate them. I usually wind up looking like a racoon when I use really dark colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO beautiful, I can't believe you used one eyeshadow. Definitely going to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a nice smokey with very few products which is encouraging for two left hands people like me plus I love deep blues-they complement our skin tone so well-but a smokey looks serie ? Now ? Don't get me wrong, that's a GREAT idea but can't it wait next fall/winter ? This is summer, this the time for light looks with bright colors !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with u Tysh! There is no better dark blue out there. I think this is the MUFE #92 of dark blues. Can't top it.

    Thx Erin.

    Thanks Sweet89!

    Thx Nickie hon. Yep I feel like I can handle them now.

    Thx so much Godfrina. I agree. The look wasn't too overwhelming at all.

    Thanks Felicia. I will be doing tuts as part of the series so not to worry. U will get the hang of them with practice.

    Thanx Guad. Hope u have been well. Long time no talk. Hahahahaaa! Don't worry the brights will be taking over but I will mix it up with smokey looks (mainly tutorials).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>