Apr 22, 2011

'Blue Hologram' Look

'Blue Hologram' Look

This is another version of the 'spackle' look which I am liking quite a bit. It's using glitter on the outer lid with a sprinkle effect. I layered the glitter on a bit too thickly this time so be mindful that it works best with a thin layer of glitter.

And don't mind the burn on my forehead...just a hair styling accident... : (
And yes...missing the bangs...because they were clip-ons! Didn't really cut my hair! : )


Eyes: 
PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and slightly into the crease as my primary base. Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush

COLOR:
On the entire lid and browbone area I applied Magnolia Makeup Buff Pigment (matte light nude). MAC 252 Large Shader Brush
On the outer lid I used Magnolia Makeup Mystique Pigment (satin bright blue). Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush
On the outer lid and crease I also applied Magnolia Makeup Blue Hologram Glitz Glitter and MAC Reflects Transparent Pink Glitter using Eye Kandy Liquid Sugar. Cozzette D200 Pencil Definer Brush
For blending and highlight I used MAC Wild By Nature Eyeshadow (matte camel).  Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Spiked and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with EmphasEYES™ Waterproof Clay Shadow/Liner in Black . MAC 266 Small Angle Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Sigma Eye Liner - E05 Brush I used L'Oreal Carbon Black Voluminuous Mascara for my lashes and added #43 Eyelashes from Nigels Beauty Emporium for effect.



Lips:
POLISH:
For my lips I used MUFE #31 Rouge Artist Lipstick (creamy pink) topped with MAC English Accents (creamy pink).



Face:FINISH:
I primed my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used Tarte ReCreate™ Anti-Aging Foundation in Walnut 20 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with Tarte Smooth Operator™ Micronized Clay Finishing Powder - Cozzette S135 Brush.

I used MAC Azalea Blossom Blush Ombre (satin pink) for my cheeks - Cozzette S125 Brush.




16 comments:

  1. MUST GET that gorgeous Magnolia glitter! You look fab sweetie, with or without bangs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look! Glad that they were clip-ons and you didn't actually cut your hair. Not really a fan of bangs unless it is long, side swept layered bangs, I think you know what I mean lol. pretty look as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the these "amped up with glitter" looks!!! they are easy and simple!!they add a kick to simple looks Thanks Tina for sharing these fun ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is HOT!

    I'm gonna get that glitter, LOL. I love their stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thx Saadeh! Yes u MUST get that glitter! I love that they r clip-ons so I can wear then when I feel like it.

    Thanx Rita. I know what you mean tho. I would never cut bangs ever again. Took me years to grow out a messed up bang. The clip-ons r human hair so they can be cut and styled like normal hair. I have a few of them cut in diff. styles for fun. I think bangs hide my face tho so I hardly wear them...but sometimes I have to cover up burns on my forehead! LOL!

    I'm loving them too marilyn! They r a fun way to use glitter without going over-the-top...plus they r easy to do!

    Thanx Erin. Get it! They r still on sale now for 20% OFF too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful as always. please keepn the looks comming, PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfection as always. I have to get my hands on that magnolia makeup! Just found out they have a store in new orleans too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the glitter in the outer corner, I've never seen anything like that before.

    This is such a stunning look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely look! Am loving the glitter accents. any chance of a video tutorial on how to apply the glitter without it falling all over the place?
    Dree xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this look, would love to see a tutorial!
    Love from Germany
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely as usual! thanks for sharing.
    LOL i didn't realize they were clip on bangs. IDK how i missed that. cute though. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every look you do is so stunning and gorgeous! Love it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful as always,i love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the idea of temporary bangs... u can get the look w/out the commitment... such a clever girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So PRETTY!! I love these glitter looks! :) Maybe you can do a tutorial?

    -Klarissa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Will work on a tutorial tonite my lovelies! These looks are so simple but so spunky! I just love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>