Apr 22, 2011

'Blue Hologram' Look

'Blue Hologram' Look

This is another version of the 'spackle' look which I am liking quite a bit. It's using glitter on the outer lid with a sprinkle effect. I layered the glitter on a bit too thickly this time so be mindful that it works best with a thin layer of glitter.

And don't mind the burn on my forehead...just a hair styling accident... : (
And yes...missing the bangs...because they were clip-ons! Didn't really cut my hair! : )

I started off with NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and slightly into the crease as my primary base. Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush

On the entire lid and browbone area I applied Magnolia Makeup Buff Pigment (matte light nude). MAC 252 Large Shader Brush
On the outer lid I used Magnolia Makeup Mystique Pigment (satin bright blue). Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush
On the outer lid and crease I also applied Magnolia Makeup Blue Hologram Glitz Glitter and MAC Reflects Transparent Pink Glitter using Eye Kandy Liquid Sugar. Cozzette D200 Pencil Definer Brush
For blending and highlight I used MAC Wild By Nature Eyeshadow (matte camel).  Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush

My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Spiked and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

I lined my upper lashline with EmphasEYES™ Waterproof Clay Shadow/Liner in Black . MAC 266 Small Angle Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Sigma Eye Liner - E05 Brush I used L'Oreal Carbon Black Voluminuous Mascara for my lashes and added #43 Eyelashes from Nigels Beauty Emporium for effect.

For my lips I used MUFE #31 Rouge Artist Lipstick (creamy pink) topped with MAC English Accents (creamy pink).

I primed my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used Tarte ReCreate™ Anti-Aging Foundation in Walnut 20 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with Tarte Smooth Operator™ Micronized Clay Finishing Powder - Cozzette S135 Brush.

I used MAC Azalea Blossom Blush Ombre (satin pink) for my cheeks - Cozzette S125 Brush.


  1. MUST GET that gorgeous Magnolia glitter! You look fab sweetie, with or without bangs :)

  2. Love this look! Glad that they were clip-ons and you didn't actually cut your hair. Not really a fan of bangs unless it is long, side swept layered bangs, I think you know what I mean lol. pretty look as usual!

  3. I love the these "amped up with glitter" looks!!! they are easy and simple!!they add a kick to simple looks Thanks Tina for sharing these fun ideas!!!

  4. That is HOT!

    I'm gonna get that glitter, LOL. I love their stuff.

  5. Thx Saadeh! Yes u MUST get that glitter! I love that they r clip-ons so I can wear then when I feel like it.

    Thanx Rita. I know what you mean tho. I would never cut bangs ever again. Took me years to grow out a messed up bang. The clip-ons r human hair so they can be cut and styled like normal hair. I have a few of them cut in diff. styles for fun. I think bangs hide my face tho so I hardly wear them...but sometimes I have to cover up burns on my forehead! LOL!

    I'm loving them too marilyn! They r a fun way to use glitter without going over-the-top...plus they r easy to do!

    Thanx Erin. Get it! They r still on sale now for 20% OFF too!

  6. Beautiful as always. please keepn the looks comming, PLEASE!

  7. perfection as always. I have to get my hands on that magnolia makeup! Just found out they have a store in new orleans too :)

  8. I love the glitter in the outer corner, I've never seen anything like that before.

    This is such a stunning look!

  9. Lovely look! Am loving the glitter accents. any chance of a video tutorial on how to apply the glitter without it falling all over the place?
    Dree xx

  10. I love this look, would love to see a tutorial!
    Love from Germany

  11. lovely as usual! thanks for sharing.
    LOL i didn't realize they were clip on bangs. IDK how i missed that. cute though. :O)

  12. Every look you do is so stunning and gorgeous! Love it!! :D

  13. beautiful as always,i love it!!!

  14. i love the idea of temporary bangs... u can get the look w/out the commitment... such a clever girl :)

  15. So PRETTY!! I love these glitter looks! :) Maybe you can do a tutorial?


  16. Will work on a tutorial tonite my lovelies! These looks are so simple but so spunky! I just love them!


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.