Oct 10, 2010

'Molten Gold' Look

'Molten Gold' Look

This is a look I wore for a girl's night out.. It's a simple smokey look with bright orange lips. Who said bold eyes plus bold lips are a no-no? Beauty rules are so silly...I match my makeup to my clothes and I wear whatever the heck I feel like whenever I feel like with whatever I feel like and who's going to stop me??? : )


Eyes: 

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my id up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
On the entire lid I applied MAC Blonde's Gold Pigment (shimmery light gold).
For the outer lid I applied MAC Black Black Pigment (matte black).
Next in the crease I applied Illamasqua Drama Eyeshadow (matte deep slate).
On the browbone area and for blending I used Smashbox Nude Eyeshadow (matte nude).
For highlight I used Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance All Over Face Color (shimmery light pink).
For my lower lashline I used MAC Feline Eye Kohl Pencil (matte black).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Spiked and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown).

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Gel Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I used Chanel Inimitable Mascara in Black for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Tigress False Eyelashes for effect.


Lips: 

POLISH:
For my lips I used MUFE Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick #40 (satin bright orange) topped with MAC Wind Me Up Dare To Wear Lipglass (dirty bronze with pink and gold pearl).


Face: 

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion and Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 for my face set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW 35 and NC45 under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage Set.
I used MUFE #22 Sculpting Blush (iridescent orange coral) for my cheeks. I used MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour and MAC Stereo Rose MSF for highlight.


21 comments:

  1. Stunning Tina! Thanks for sharing girl! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!!! They eyes arent bold though so it goes well but then again there are NO rules.
    Can you please please do me a favor. I am NC45 also can you do a blush favorites!!!
    I only have 4 blushes all Mac and I am looking to get more preferable Mac..Nars is too pricey for me but if you say its a must have I will look at it.
    I have Raizin, Sweet as Coco, X rocks (LE) and All's Good (LE).

    ReplyDelete
  3. you definately pulled this off. i LOVE the smokey look so much with the lips. i love how you do your brows. you should do a tut on them cuz i have trouble using stud. my brows look so weird lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely beautiful hun,I love it..Bold eyes with bold lips,gotta break e silly rules at times,I match my clothes to my makeup most times

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blush review Blush review please please please

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! How does lithe pigment compare to blonde's gold? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol! i agree, do what you want when you want :D looks beautiful


    Vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that lip combo! I second that "Favorite Blushes" request. I'm NC45 as well and would love to see your favorite blushes. Thanks for sharing this fantastic look:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oo that's really lovely - a change from the bright eyeshadow you usually do. i like it - especially the lips. great colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ver ynice. i like. fortunately for me, i can wear a look like this to work, like Camille said and i concur, the eyes arent that bold. so il try it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yet another gorgeous look! I love seeing all the combinations you pull off! I wear a lot of strong makeup looks and interesting manicures to work too, and my colleagues and students always comment and look forward to seeing what I'll come up with next!

    www.glitterm-younailedit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your brows are divine,amazingly beautiful look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thx Sha girl. Anytime!

    Thanks Camille. I guess I kinda agree that the eyes r not that bold :)...maybe it's the smokey that got me! LOL! But I am so for NO rules! I will work on a bluch post for sure then because I see some interest here :) I love MAc and MUFe for blushes actually...NARS I appreciate but I think they r very costly as well. Nice blushes u have there to start off with too!

    Thx so much KayKay. I did a brow tut for one of my first videos. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpDr9JlroNg
    I probably should do an updated video soon tho.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thx Sharon! U r a girl after my own heart! No rules. Match and so what? LOL!

    Thanks Dhalia.

    Thx Tinuke.

    Thanks MakeupJunkie88 hon!

    Thanks Jenny. I think Lithe Pigment is a bit lighter than Blonde's Gold and Blonde's Gold has a frostier finish while Lithe is more shimmery. But they r similar and either would work fine.

    That's right Vonnie. It's makeup. It should be fun and carefree.

    Thanks favorisntfair. :) Looks like a blush post will be coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks cclarebear. Yep it's a change from my brights. I liked it tho. I'm favoring smokey these days. Imagine that.

    Thx BO girl. That's so great! Rock on with ur bad self! :) I agree too...the eyes rn't as bold as I thought. LOL!

    Thanks glitterM. That's great to hear. It's so fun to share our creative side with others. It actually motivates me more to go outside the box. U must be a really fun teacher! :)

    Thanks Hell Notes for Beauty™. I think my brows have become a calling card :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You tell them Tina, LOL you look BEAUTIFUL!!!. The orange lip is HOT

    ReplyDelete
  17. This gold-orange make-up matches perfectly with the tree's leaves saying bye-bye to summer and turning red. Fall is definitely there, even in your make-up :)
    Rules ? Which rules ? I thought make-up and fashion were about creativity. Creativity within rules ?! Tss, tss, tss...

    ReplyDelete
  18. how does the mac foundation work for you when you take pictures. ive been told to stay away but i see you pic and it looks amazing! we have similar shades and im wondering if i can just pull off the mac

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>