Feb 8, 2011

'Dark Royalty' Look

'Dark Royalty' Look

So since you guys have (mostly) requested a smoky look for the next tutorial, I decided to get some practice in so I won't totally blow it! : ) I actually tried it last night and it came out better but alas I will just need to keep practising.


I started off with Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eyeshadow Primer all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black all over my lid as my primary base. Sonia Kashuk Large Crease Brush

On the lid and crease I applied Rock & Republic Fatalistic Eye Color (matte black). Sigma Medium Angled Shading E70 Brush
Next on the inner lid and crease I applied Inglot #388 Eyeshadow (matte brilliant purple). Sonia Kashuk Large Crease Brush
On the inner tearduct area I applied Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance All Over Face Color (shimmery light pink). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
On the browbone area and for blending I used MUFE #76 Eyeshadow (matte camel). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For highlight I used Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance All Over Face Color (shimmery light pink). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For my lower lashline I used MAC Black Black Chromagraphic Pencil (matte black).

I lined my upper lashline with MUFE Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eye Shadow (black). Sigma Eye Liner E05 Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Sigma Eye Liner E05 Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashesand added Beautee Senses Smashing False Eyelashes for effect.

My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush


For my lips I used MAC Super Kissable Lipcolor (creamy nude).


I primed my skin with Tarte ReCreate™ Silicone-Free Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC45 - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used MAC Coygirl Blush (matte purple pink) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush, MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour - Sephora Professional #49 Blush Brush and MAC Petticoat Mineralize Skinfinish for highlight. Sigma Angled Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush


  1. As if you could blow a look hehe ;)
    Love the dark matt blue/purple!

  2. That's really really pretty. I love a dark blue smokey. Look at my profile pic. lol

  3. You look so pretty in violet! Smoky definitley isn't easy, but you do it well :)

  4. Great job! It looks great.....I'm loving the hair too by the way...


  5. Please do more of these dark matte type looks. They are so sexy and inspiring!!

  6. I love it! It's so smoldering, u go girl <3

  7. Muy Bella! Keep those looks coming. Love the Blue...

  8. Thanks so much my lovelies! I see u ladies like smoky eyes. U sexy vixens! LOL LOL! Muah!!!

  9. You should do a tutorial for this look. I love it!!!

  10. This is gorgeous ! You really got talent !


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.