Feb 8, 2011

'Dark Royalty' Look

'Dark Royalty' Look

So since you guys have (mostly) requested a smoky look for the next tutorial, I decided to get some practice in so I won't totally blow it! : ) I actually tried it last night and it came out better but alas I will just need to keep practising.

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eyeshadow Primer all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black all over my lid as my primary base. Sonia Kashuk Large Crease Brush

COLOR:
On the lid and crease I applied Rock & Republic Fatalistic Eye Color (matte black). Sigma Medium Angled Shading E70 Brush
Next on the inner lid and crease I applied Inglot #388 Eyeshadow (matte brilliant purple). Sonia Kashuk Large Crease Brush
On the inner tearduct area I applied Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance All Over Face Color (shimmery light pink). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
On the browbone area and for blending I used MUFE #76 Eyeshadow (matte camel). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For highlight I used Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance All Over Face Color (shimmery light pink). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For my lower lashline I used MAC Black Black Chromagraphic Pencil (matte black).

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with MUFE Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eye Shadow (black). Sigma Eye Liner E05 Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Sigma Eye Liner E05 Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashesand added Beautee Senses Smashing False Eyelashes for effect.

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush


Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Super Kissable Lipcolor (creamy nude).


Face:

FINISH:
I primed my skin with Tarte ReCreate™ Silicone-Free Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC45 - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used MAC Coygirl Blush (matte purple pink) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush, MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour - Sephora Professional #49 Blush Brush and MAC Petticoat Mineralize Skinfinish for highlight. Sigma Angled Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush



15 comments:

  1. As if you could blow a look hehe ;)
    Love the dark matt blue/purple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really really pretty. I love a dark blue smokey. Look at my profile pic. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty in violet! Smoky definitley isn't easy, but you do it well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! It looks great.....I'm loving the hair too by the way...

    http://shadespromakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please do more of these dark matte type looks. They are so sexy and inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! It's so smoldering, u go girl <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muy Bella! Keep those looks coming. Love the Blue...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much my lovelies! I see u ladies like smoky eyes. U sexy vixens! LOL LOL! Muah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should do a tutorial for this look. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous ! You really got talent !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>