Feb 3, 2011

'Blue Fringes' Look

'Blue Fringes' Look

This is a very very simple look that was also inspired by the MAC Wonder Woman Collection. Since they are debuting colored mascaras with the launch I thought I would play around with the ones I have now. It's a really fun and funky way to wear color without being too over-the-top...but then again colored lashes are not the norm either : )

Eyes: 

PRIME:
I started off with Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eyeshadow Primer all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer all over my lid and on my brow bone area.
To set the concealer I used Smashbox Nude Eyeshadow (matte camel). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush


DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eye Liner in Blue.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used Estee Lauder Sumptious Color Mascara in Sapphire for my lashes.

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Pink Friday Lipstick (satin bright pink).


Face:

FINISH:
I primed my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion and Tarte Clean Slate Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used MAC Melba Blush (matte coral) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight - MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush.



11 comments:

  1. That mascara color is gorgeous!!! It reminds me of my Diorshow one in Azure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Tina, how beautiful! I never thought to try colored mascaras for fear they wouldn't show up or I wouldn't know how/where to wear them. Fear no more- thanks to you, I'll be checking some out! Oh and your upper lash line liner is perfecto!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that mascara Tina. I gotta check them out at the Estee Lauder counter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx Erin. I will have to check out the Diorshow one now. :)

    Thanks Kendra hon. Me too! But they r actually quite fun and wearable. I need to get more. U can also just use them on the bottom lashes for a cool effect.

    The mascara is so cool Saadeh. But I think this color is discontinued. They have new ones out tho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful as always hun,love that Mascara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you spiked your lashes! I like to do that when I'm going out =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! Your lashes look incredible! And even though I wouldn't say bright blue lashes are typically wearable, this DOES look wearable!

    Also, your eyebrows are fabulous!


    http://beautyblogxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. eeeeep! def have to try this loves it!


    check out:
    http://www.jaleesajaikaran.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it! I ordered some UD colored mascaras recently from Hautelook's $2 and they're dried out. :(

    I'll check for Estee or I might try the new ones in MAC's WW collection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, i love coloured mascara. this looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm impressed!! it's so vivid, i hardly ever see it show up so nicely on dark lashes


    Vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>