Feb 3, 2011

'Blue Fringes' Look

'Blue Fringes' Look

This is a very very simple look that was also inspired by the MAC Wonder Woman Collection. Since they are debuting colored mascaras with the launch I thought I would play around with the ones I have now. It's a really fun and funky way to wear color without being too over-the-top...but then again colored lashes are not the norm either : )


I started off with Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eyeshadow Primer all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer all over my lid and on my brow bone area.
To set the concealer I used Smashbox Nude Eyeshadow (matte camel). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush

I lined my upper lashline with Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eye Liner in Blue.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used Estee Lauder Sumptious Color Mascara in Sapphire for my lashes.

My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush


For my lips I used MAC Pink Friday Lipstick (satin bright pink).


I primed my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion and Tarte Clean Slate Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used MAC Melba Blush (matte coral) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight - MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush.


  1. That mascara color is gorgeous!!! It reminds me of my Diorshow one in Azure.

  2. OMG Tina, how beautiful! I never thought to try colored mascaras for fear they wouldn't show up or I wouldn't know how/where to wear them. Fear no more- thanks to you, I'll be checking some out! Oh and your upper lash line liner is perfecto!

  3. love that mascara Tina. I gotta check them out at the Estee Lauder counter

  4. Thx Erin. I will have to check out the Diorshow one now. :)

    Thanks Kendra hon. Me too! But they r actually quite fun and wearable. I need to get more. U can also just use them on the bottom lashes for a cool effect.

    The mascara is so cool Saadeh. But I think this color is discontinued. They have new ones out tho.

  5. beautiful as always hun,love that Mascara

  6. I love how you spiked your lashes! I like to do that when I'm going out =)

  7. This is so pretty! Your lashes look incredible! And even though I wouldn't say bright blue lashes are typically wearable, this DOES look wearable!

    Also, your eyebrows are fabulous!


  8. eeeeep! def have to try this loves it!

    check out:

  9. LOVE it! I ordered some UD colored mascaras recently from Hautelook's $2 and they're dried out. :(

    I'll check for Estee or I might try the new ones in MAC's WW collection.

  10. OMG, i love coloured mascara. this looks beautiful

  11. i'm impressed!! it's so vivid, i hardly ever see it show up so nicely on dark lashes



Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.