Feb 16, 2011

'Blue Had Me At Hello' Look

'Blue Had Me At Hello' Look

Of course I had to use one of the new palettes from Wet 'n' Wild! An of course I went for the 'Blue Had Me At Hello' Palette which is my fave of the three. I also did something a bit different and we'll see if you notice it in the pictures. I was inspired by Tatiana Ward of BeatFaceHoney.com and YouTube.

She did a look a while back with glitter in her eyebrows and I thought...hmmm I will try that one day...and today is the day! : )  It's an interesting way to use glitter and it's quite funky as well. I will probably do this more often.


Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base. Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush

COLOR:
On the inner lid and tearduct area I applied the shimmery Icy Mint eyeshadow from the Wet 'n' Wild Blue Had Me At Hello Palette. MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
Next on the middle of the I applied the shimmery Turquoise eyeshadow from the  Wet 'n' Wild Blue Had Me At Hello Palette.. MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
For the outer lid and crease I used the Black w/ Blue Sparkles eyeshadow from the  Wet 'n' Wild Blue Had Me At Hello Palette. Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush
On the browbone area and for blending I used MAC Wild By Nature Eyeshadow (matte camel). MAC 252 Large Shader Brush
For highlight I used Wet 'n' Wild Brule Eyeshadow (matte ivory). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For my lower lashline I used the MAC Feline Kohl Power Eye Pencil (matte black).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown) - topped with MUFE #6 Glitter (metallic teal glitter). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Crème Eye LinerMAC 266 Small Angle Brush - topped with MUFE #6 Glitter (metallic teal glitter)- MAC 210 Precise Eye Liner Brush.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Sigma Eye Liner - E05 Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Smashing False Eyelashes for effect.


Lips:
POLISH:
For my lips I used OCC Melange Lip Tar (creamy coral) topped with MAC Strange Potion Lipglass (shimmery muted coral).

Face:

FINISH:
I primed my skin with Tarte ReCreate™ Silicone-Free Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #14 - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used MAC Amazon Princess Blush (satin peach pink) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush, MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight - Sephora Professional #49 Blush Brush.



12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I have this palette and wanted to do a similar look. Now you have me really wanting to play with it. You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!!! Surprised that glitter in the brows is so subtle, I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these colors ... to think what you could do with a palette under 5 bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh this is so creative. I woulda never thought to put glitter in my brows. And you'r rocking the blues girl. No one does brights like u (don't get tired of me saying it, hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love............ I wanna try this tomorrow.... OMG....... I LOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new subscriber and you are just gorgeous! Your looks are absolutely stunning and flawless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tina this is HOT, I say tutorial. I must hunt down these palettes, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Tina your hair has growwwwwwwn girl! I haven't been by in awhile (shame on me!) and your hair and makeup still amazes me girl!!! love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!! You have amazing skillz!

    I am awarding you the Versatile Blogger Award! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! You should definitely record a tutorial for this look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is the best look I've seen for this palette you have convinced me to buy it <333 By the way your photos come out so clear what camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>