Feb 2, 2011

'Burning Flame' Look

'Burning Flame' Look

This look is half request and half Valentine's Day inspired. One of the main looks I have seen for Valentine's Day is a red smokey eye...but using black as the central color. I did my own twist on the look with red as the focal point. Red eyeshadow is really hard to wear without looking sore or bruised but I think this turned out great! Oh and before I forget...Pure Luxe OMG! Pigment is phenomenal!

Eyes: 

PRIME:
I started off with Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eyeshadow Primer all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Groundwork Paintpot (satin neutral taupe) on my brow bone and MAC Flammable Paint (satin deep red) on my lid as my primary bases. Sonia Kashuk Large Crease Brush & MAC 242 Shader Brush

COLOR:
On the inner lid and tearduct area I applied MUFE #902 Star Powder (pearl gold). MAC 242 Shader Brush
Next on the middle of the lid I applied Pure Luxe OMG! Pigment (shimmery red). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
On the outer lid and crease I applied MUFE #79 Eyeshadow (satin deep plum). Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush
To deepen the outer V and crease I used MUFE #4 Eyeshadow (matte black). Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush
On the browbone area and for blending I used Smashbox Nude Eyeshadow (matte camel). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For highlight I used Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance All Over Face Color (shimmery light pink). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For my lower lashline I used MAC Feline Eye Kohl Pencil (matte black).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Gel Eyeliner in Black. MAC 266 Small Angle Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Smashing False Eyelashes for effect.

Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Yash Lipstick (matte nude).


Face:

FINISH:
I primed my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion and Tarte Clean Slate Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used MAC Peaches Blush (matte peach) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight - MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush.



18 comments:

  1. I love ur twist on the classic smokey eyes. There are no colours u cannot rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a really pretty way to wear red =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. as always, very talented on your eye looks. love how you used red bc it is VERY hard to work with :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS!!!!!! Please do a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Saadeh. I had to find my own way to love smokey.

    Thanks so much Thess. It looks so much better in person. :)

    Thanx KayKay. Red is a killer! I like the smokier version tho. :)

    Thx Sarah. I'm thinking I just might di a tutorial actually. :)

    Thanks Krista hon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its done beautifully, I'm just not a big fan of red eyeshadow. Lol... I don't know what it is about it, but I really just dislike red eyeshadow! So it wouldn't matter if it was you or Rihanna! Lol... But well done doll :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. very beautiful as always hun,love it btw do u wax or thread ur brows????

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a BEAUTIFUL look, I really wanted to try a look like this for "Valentines" because I'm so anti-Valentines day this year, so I thought this would perfectly depict that.

    I'm definitely going to recreate this look! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Sher, yes those brows are always on point!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Tina! This gives me an idea of how to use red eyeshadow since I didn't know how to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is just SOOOOOO gorgeous! I would love a tutorial, I'll be trying this one this weekend, but with a different red since I don't have that one.

    Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tweeze?!? Wow, thats a mighty good tweezer you have there chicky! You wanna share which one you use because a sister will be running out to get that one ASAP. Those brows look flawless... I so can't believe you tweeze them yourself! Gotta give you HUGE props for that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL Candy. Thx girl. Don't worry...I understand cawz I hate red eyeshadow too. Heee heee!

    Thanks Sher. Neither...I tweeze :) Can't trust these suckers to another person at all. LOL.

    Thanks so much Arezu. Glad u like it hon.

    Thanks Tasha. Glad it helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Lola hon.

    Thanks Hilary. I'm going to try to get this tutorial up this weekend too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahahahaa Candy! Thanks girl! I use the Tweezerman Slanted Pointed Tweezers and sometimes the Anastasia Tweezers. Both of those have super short tips...which I need to grab those hard to reach hairs. The good thing is that after a while the hairs kinda fall into the shape and it's easy to maintain (mind you I tweeze EVERY day). And trust me it takes practice! I have been doing this for years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like I said I would, I went out and got those Tweezermans! Lol... Girl, I have two words for you. THANK YOU! Those tweezers can catch the itty bittiest hairs out there. My ole' Revlon tweezers have been beat by a landslide! Lol... On top of that, I got a cute hot pink pair ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>