May 26, 2010

'Red Hot' Look

'Red Hot' Look

So the first thing I have to say is that red and orange eyeshadows do not photograph very well at all. For shame! Plus red is such a difficult color to pull off in eyeshadow...but you know I had to try.


Eyes:
PRIME:
I started off with Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my lid up to the brow bone. I also applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte creamy beige) all over my lid up to my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
On the tear duct I applied MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory).
Then on the inner lid I applied MUFE #920 Yellow Gold Star Powder.
Next on the middle of the lid, I applied MUFE #952 Iridescent Orange Star Powder.
On the outer lid and crease I applied MUFE #949 Iridescent Red Star Powder.
For the blending I used Smashbox Nude Eyeshadow (matte nude).
For highlight I used MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (shimmery champagne).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Stila Stay All Day Eyeliner in Black. I lined my lower waterline with Loreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I used MUFE #21 Aqua Cream (vibrant turquoise) topped with MUFE #960 Turquoise Star Powder for my lower lashline.
I used MAC Opulash Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Princess Eyelashes for effect.


Lips:
POLISH:
OCC Melange Lip Tar and Inglot #543 Lip Gloss.


Face:
FINISH:
I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe with MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes. I set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark.
I used MAC Ripe Blush Ombre for my cheeks.

13 comments:

  1. PRETTY!!! I have all of those star powders, except the yellow, and I never use them! I think I'm going to have to dust them off :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out so nice! U have melange. I purchased it at TMS. I haven't used it yet.

    I gave you a blog award: http://makeupbykim-porter.com/2010/05/blog-award/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is beautiful, you make me want to pick up some bright colours and play with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I think the colors photographed wonderfully. And you wear red so well, I'm jealous.

    I passed on Melange at the Makeup Show, and you're making me regret that. I may need to do an OCC order soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanx so much guys!

    Hey J! Dust those bad boys off. I have a few of the Star Powders but I never bothered to use them...but now I'm going to have to put them into rotation.

    Thx so much Kim! Melange is such a great coral nude. I apply my lip tars over lip balm for better results. I need to update my review a little bit.

    Arezu! You know I love my brights! Plus summer is coming up!

    Thx Amy! The colors look different in person but what to do. Red is such a weird color to work with...plus fall out equals disaster. There's an OCC distributor in NY you know. Check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! The colors are so pretty and your blending is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny I was thinking a couple weeks ago that I have never seen you work with red (I notice because my favorite color is red). I figured it was probably not that easy to work with, but you did a fantastic job! It looks very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUPER, is very hot this look, and you are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't, I can't, you are the BOMB, this is soooooooooo wonderful, Do I hear a tutorial, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Tina!
    Sorry my bad English! Rssssvestir, I think its beautiful and perfect makeup with an amazing combination of colors,
    My name is Suzy and I live in Brazil, I mean I love her style of makeup and just feel sad, because here in my town has none good store that sells cosmetics, it is very difficult for me to buy something.
    You are amazing congratulations on your work.
    If you can visit my blog.

    www.beautybysuzy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This look is Beautiful!! I am a new reader of your blog and I love your work! I'm following!
    http://makeupbymar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm jealous of your boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The red was such a mess to work with. It got everywhere :(

    Thx so much Ms. Glam!

    Thx Keisha! Red is really hard for me tho work with :(...but u know I have to try all colors!

    Tysh girl u rock! I would make such a mess in a tutorial with this one. LOL.

    Thanks so much Suzi. I love Brazil! I found some nice makeup when I visited. Try the Vult brand...great pigments and eyeshadows.

    Welcome Marand13! Glad u joined in. Hope u enjoy our world :)

    Avaio u r silly! I will let him know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>