May 25, 2010

'Gray Scale' Look

'Gray Scale' Look

I wanted to try a more daytime smokey look so here's what I came up with....plus I made use of some of my Illamasqua Eyeshadows that haven't been used (ever).

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my lid up to the brow bone. I also applied MAC Soft Ochre Paintpot (matte yellow cream) all over my lid up to my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
On the tear duct and inner lid, I applied MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory).
Next on the lid, I applied Illamasqua Feline Eyeshadow (matte light gray).
On the outer lid and crease I applied Illamasqua Incubus Eyeshadow (matte charcoal gray).
For the outer V and to deepen the crease I used MUFE # Pure Pigment (matte black).
For highlight I used MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (shimmery champagne).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Creme Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower waterline and lashline with Loreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I used MAC Opulash Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Princess Eyelashes for effect.


Lips:

POLISH:
OCC Melange Lip Tar and Inglot #543 Lip Gloss.


Face:

FINISH:
I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe with MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes. I set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark.
I used MAC Gingerly Blush for my cheeks.


7 comments:

  1. Love your smokey eye!
    I noticed you use a paintpot or a pigment before applying your eyeshadow, what is the purpose of them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love my soft ochre pp. It's the newest edition to the fam. LOL Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, matte colors look great on you.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx Santana! I use a paintpot or a cream base before I apply eyeshadow to help the eyeshadow stick to my lid as well as help make the eyeshadows more vibrant in color. The primer potion helps with creasing and long wear but not much with the eyeshadow vibrancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thx 1xellus1! I love Soft Ochre for lighter looks...it's more natural than straight up white.

    Thx Tysh girl! You know I'm a matte fanatic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVIN THE LOOK! White/gray/black smoky eyes is one of my go to looks, because it matches a plethora of outfits :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>