May 24, 2010

Model In A Bottle Eyebrow Sealer - Thoughts...

Model In A Bottle Long Lasting Eyebrow Sealer - Thoughts...



Long Lasting Eyebrow Sealer will hold natural brow or any brow make up. Just pick your favorite applicator. The mascara wand for your thicker fuller more natural brow, the brush for you gals with a finer penciled brow. Model in a Bottle Long Lasting Eyebrow Sealer won't dust, shine or flake. It is easily removed with warm water and your favorite cleanser. For use on eyebrows only.

This little bottle will last forever and what a super value at only $12


Ingredients:
SD Alcohol-40B Octylacrylamide/ Acrylates/ Butylaminoethyl Methacrtiate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Sacchairn,Ceytl Alcohol.


So I bought the Model In A Bottle Eyebrow Sealer at the NYC Makeup Show because you all know I am obsessed with my brows.

According to the information on the Model In A Bottle website (seen above) this is supposed to hold your brows in place without dusting, flaking and shining.
 
My Experience...
 
I was very intrigued by this little bottle and all it purported. I expected results similar to an eyebrow gel or wax which is simply to hold my brows in place throughout the day.
 
I am happy to say that this did more than that. It also made my brow smudge proof and somewhat waterproof. I tested it by going to sleep with my eyebrows filled in and coated in this product. I woke up with my eyebrows still intact which is quite a feat since I sleep with my face smashed into my pillow.
 
I also took a shower with the sealer on my brows but took care not to wash my face. I had a hot shower and water mist was all over my face and am happy to report that my eyebrows stayed in place. When I wiped my face a tiny bit of product came off but not too much.
 
It's a liquid (as in watery) and comes in a nailpolish inspired bottle. It also comes with two applicators - a brush and a spoolie. I do not use either of these because they apply too much product and can smudge the eyebrow product around before it dries.
 
I get a bit of the product on my finger tip and dab on my eyebrows from start to tip. Once this dries my eyebrow stay in palce without smudging until I wash them off.
 
I must note that if you apply too much of the liquid to your eyebrows it will drip and it will flake and it will shine and your eyebrows will be a crispy mess. So use just a little or you will assume that the product is useless.
 
WARNING! DO NOT get into your eyes! Why do I say this? Because I got it INTO my eye!!!
Oh my!!! It burned the hell out of my poor eye. I rinsed and rinsed and my poor eye was red and swollen and not at all happy. It wore off in about 24 hours but make sure to avoid your eyes if you try this product!

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering how their products were. Did you purchase the original model in the bottle makeup setting lotion? I want to know if it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your page and I'm glad I did!
    I've been needing something to keep my eyebrows in shape. You're blog is great and your makeup is Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tysh girl it wasn't even funny! LOL! My poor eye! Damn sealer!

    Hey Kim. I have the Model in a Bottle makeup setting spray but I'm still testing it out before I do a final review. Just to be sure...

    Thanks so much Ms. Fierce! Welcome and I hope u enjoy the content. And be sure to join in all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>