May 19, 2010

MAC Superglass - Thoughts...

MAC Superglass - Thoughts...


I've had two of these MAC Superglasses for a while now and I wanted to share my thoughts.

According to MAC Cosmetics:

Shattered, decimated, blinded by a fantastic, intergalactic lip light! Lips have gone big bang, explosively dimensional, a rare eclipse. Extreme innovation that's a good reflection on M·A·C...and the seductress lucky enough to strike upon it.  

Superglasscolon Superglass
A lip gloss blended with small, medium and large pearls to create three distinct dimensions of jewel-like flash and overwhelming dazzle. Provides sheer medium coverage. Adds sexy shine and lustre to the lips. Helps lips stay smooth and hydrated. Features M∙A∙C’s vanilla flavour. Limited edition.
4.5g / 0.15 US OZ
***********************************

My Four P's...

Price
The price of a Superglass is $18 is in line with Dazzleglass, Dazzleglass Creme, Cremesheen Glass and Plushglass. These are all $3.50 more than the traditional Lipglass. The price is as to be expected but the key point for me the the size.

The Superglass is 0.15oz versus 0.6oz for the comparable Dazzleglass. This has long been a point of contention for me...and is the reason I do not own a Dazzleglass. The Superglass is more than twice the amount for the same price. It even beats out the Dazzleglass Creme and Cremesheen Glass (0.9 and 0.8oz). Much much better deal here!

Packaging
The Superglass comes in a non-traditional hexagonal tube rather than the usual cylindrical tubes of the other Glasses. It is about the same length of a Dazzleglass, Dazzleglass Creme or Cremesheen Glass tube. They come with a brush applicator rather than a doe foot applicator (same as the Dazzleglass). This applicator is preferred for thicker or glitter packed glosses.


Product
The product itself is a thick gloss infused with tons of glitter. The glitter ranges from small to medium to large without being chunky. It is thicker to help the glitter adhere better to the lips and inherently makes the gloss longer wearing.

The color payoff is light to medium coverage and goes on (as opaque as it gets) in about two layers. The Superglass is not meant to be worn alone on the lips but rather over lipstick or maybe even a lipstain so the light coverage was anticipated.

Performance
Now how does it measure up?
The Superglass looks fabulous over lipstick and adds shine and dazzle to your lips. The glitter is not that noticeable from far away but trust me you will see the shine! Upclose it's more noticeable but it's not like you will see huge chucky glitter all over your lips.

They layer easily for me over lipstick and just add a slight change of color but a bang of shine. The gloss is sticky and you will feel it but I didn't find them to be googie at all. They wear very well and helped my lipstick stay on longer (good wear up to 5 hours). They feel fine to me...I didn't actually feel the glitter when I rubbed my lips together but as it wears off you may feel it a little bit more.

My only trouble with these was removal. The glitter will stay on! Simply wiping these off on a napkin will not work. You will need to wash these off or use a makeup remover/wipe. Not the best for touch-ups throughout the day. But I knew to expect that....all glitter products are a pain to remove.

Overall
If you are in search of a glitter lipgloss...these are fabulous! Worth the money and will give you a great result. I really like them.
**************************************

The two I have are Totally Bang! and Fab Frenzy...of course I got one with the exclamation point in the name! LOL! I will add some more swatches tonight when I get home...but you can see them in action here...

MAC Totally Bang! SuperGlass

MAC Blooming Lovely Lipstick and MAC Fab Frenzy SuperGlass
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! Good point about the value for the size greater than regular dazzleglass. Do you use drugstore lipgloss? I heard the new Milani 3D glass is comparable/better? than the dazzleglass. More product for less $ & close dupes. Holla! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No prob hon. The size is a big difference and is one of the main reasons I even bought a Superglass. Thx for the heads up on the Milani lipgloss. I am actually very impressed by Milani's products. Never used the gloss tho...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>