May 17, 2010

The Makeup Show NYC

The Makeup Show NYC 

I previously mentioned The Makeup Show NYC 2010 which I attended on Sunday with my girl Jen (hey Jen!)

There was a huge turn out and lovely ladies (and gents) all packed into the Metropolitan Pavilion in NYC. This was my first time going to the show and I was not overly impressed.

There were a good number of companies there with the biggest booths being Make Up For Ever, MAC, Inglot and Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. There were also some new start-up brands and smaller companies around.

I didn't watch any of the demos since I was there for makeup! So I can't say who was there or how fabulous they were.

The Make Up For Ever and Inglot booths were obvious crowd favorites and had non-stop crowds. The MAC booth was a fiasco because their computer system was down and no one was able to buy any products. Boooo!

But anyway...what did I get???

I got:
  • OCC Lip Tars and a couple loose eyeshadows
  • Inglot Gel Eyeliners, eyeshadows, lipgloss and lip pencils
  • Stila Skin Corrector, eyeliner pencils and liquid liner
  • Naked Cosmetics loose eyeshadows
  • Model in a Bottle Setting Spray
  • Eve Pearl Concealer
  • Ricky's Eyelashes

I didn't get too much because a lot of the products were being sold at retail price. What was the benefit of that? I will be posting swatches and reviews of a few of these products in the upcoming weeks as I try them out....we'll see how that goes!

SHOUT OUT to two beautiful ladies that I met (in person) at the show....TYSH and AMY!
Tysh you are fab girl! Your makeup was to die for!!! You are so beautiful!
Pretty girl Amy say hi to your boyfriend for me : ). Super cute!

And special mention to fabulous Keisha...my boyfriend's college friend who I also met (the night before)! Holla girl!

6 comments:

  1. Awww Tina, thank you, and you are beautiful as well, your makeup THE BOMB, ladies she is even prettier in person, now I need the rundown on the look that day... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet haul! thanks for sharing! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww i missed you at the show.i went for the second day show and all the stuff was discounted.It was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great haul girl! I love the naked cosmetics stuff. I got two sets at IMATS last year and adore them. Which set did u get?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tina! Thanks for the shout :). It was great to finally meet you. You looked absolutely gorgeous as usual!:)Keep up the great job with blog and I hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meeting you was truly the highlight of the day Tina! And I agree with you, it was my first time attending and I was kind of underwhelmed. MAC really surprised me with how unprepared they were and the MUFE booth was just insane. I really didn't get to shop it much only because I couldn't get near the products. And I had to completely bypass Crown (like I *need* more brushes) because there wasn't an inch of space to squeeze in to.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>