Jul 9, 2010

MAC In The Groove Collection - Mineralize Eye Shadows (Trio)

MAC In The Groove Collection - Mineralize Eye Shadows (Trio) 

And the grand finale to my MAC In The Groove Collection haul - the Mineralize Eye Shadows Trios. I went crazy with these and I got 7 of the 9 that were a part of this collection even though I originally only intended on getting 2!



Mineralize Eye Shadow (Trio) ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
  • Love to Love - Satin beige/Pearly Bronze/Satin Brown (Limited Edition)
  • In the Groove - Satin green/Pearly burgundy/Satin coral (Limited Edition)
  • Making It Easy - Satin red brown/Pearly beige rose/Satin dark beige (Limited Edition)
  • Togetherness - Satin lavender/Pearly purple/Satin grey (Limited Edition)
  • Style Influencer - Satin silver/Pearly deep blue/Satin deep mauve brown (Limited Edition)
  • Soften the Mood - Satin light brown/Pearly rose/Satin light blue (Limited Edition)
  • Fresh & Easy - Satin pink/Pearly burgundy/Satin grey (Limited Edition)
  • Calm, Cool, & Collected - Satin deep green/Pearly green/Satin beige (Limited Edition)
  • Blue My Mind - Satin light blue/Pearly deep teal/Satin black (Limited Edition)


    From MAC...
    A matte Mineralize Eye Shadow debuting with the M∙A∙C In The Groove colour collection. Three coordinating shades baked together in a single pan help create an exceptionally sheer and lightweight Mineralize application with a rich velvety-matte finish. Limited edition.
    2.2 g / 0.07 US oz US $19.50


    The texture of these eyeshadows are so much smoother and softer than the previous releases of Mineralize Eye Shadows. MAC describes these as lightweight and sheer with a velvety-matte finish which is right on the money. It seems like MAC took their descriptions to heart in this collection. All the descriptions are on point.


    Overall these trios come with two satin-matte shades with one pearly shade in the middle. And they are fabulous. They are softly pigmented without being overpowering. There are no bright colors here - just simple subtle beautiful shades. 

    While I don't think all of these are must-haves, they are definitely nice to have just based on the texture. I don't think any of these are unique in any extreme way but they were nice enough to convince me to grab them up. The color payoff is great, texture is smooth and I just like them through and through. If you don't have similar colors then definitely try them out. If you have dupes for the colors then feel free to pass on these although I say grab at least one for sentimental value. : )

    Ok I lied! You have to get Blue My Mind!!! It's gorgeous! Great light blue, gorgeous deep teal blue and a satin (I said satin) black!!! HELLO!!!


    Swatches...




     Love to Love - Satin beige/Pearly Bronze/Satin Brown 
     ***************************


      Making It Easy - Satin red brown/Pearly beige rose/Satin dark beige
    ***************************


     Togetherness - Satin lavender/Pearly purple/Satin grey
    ***************************  


     Soften the Mood - Satin light brown/Pearly rose/Satin light blue 
    ***************************  


     Fresh & Easy - Satin pink/Pearly burgundy/Satin grey
    ***************************

     Calm, Cool, & Collected - Satin deep green/Pearly green/Satin beige
    *************************** 


     Blue My Mind - Satin light blue/Pearly deep teal/Satin black
    ***************************

    4 comments:

    1. Beautiful swatches. I agree these are so much smoother compared to previous mineralize eyeshadow releases.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I agree Kristie. They r so much smoother and nicer. Thank heavens MAC is learning how to do MES right.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Wow! These eyeshadow are so so so georgeous. I have to admit that I was not a big fan of Matte eyeshadow. I found them really hard to work with and blending them is a pain in the ass sorry for this expresion. It get me so frustrated because I had to start all over again several time. But since I found your blog I start praticing a lot every day when I have time left.But the most important thing that help me a lot was following your step by step makeup tutorial that you upload for us on your youtube channel. Your videos help me a lot and I have to admit that since the first video I watch my love for matte eyeshadows have changed. I still have some diffculty sometimes working with them but I am pretty sure that with time and patience my skills will improved and will get better. Thank you so so so much tina.

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

    >