Dec 20, 2011

'Arctic Heat' Look

'Arctic Heat' Look

I got a bit creative with this one and it is definitely not a wearable or tame look at all. I was inspired by another of my favorite YouTube makeup artists - Maria of Apropo Makeup. She also has a FaceBook page where she posts great looks all the time and it's an awesome place for inspiration.


Eyes: 
PRIME:
I started off with Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied Stila Caramel Prime Pot (creamy beige) all over my lid and into the crease as my primary base - Sigma P82 Precision Round Brush. 

COLOR:
To define the crease I used MAC Cherry Lip Pencil (matte red) topped with Magnolia Makeup Creole Tomato Pigment (matte red). MAC 242 Small Shader Brush + MAC 217 Blending Brush
On the browbone area I applied Sugarpill Buttercupcake Eyeshadow (matte brilliant yellow). MAC 242 Small Shader Brush + MAC 217 Blending Brush
On the inner lid and tearduct area I applied MAC Clarity Eyeshadow (matte cyan blue). MAC 242 Small Shader Brush
Then on the middle of the lid I applied Sugarpill Buttercupcake Eyeshadow (matte brilliant yellow). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
To define the outer lid I used MAC Cherry Lip Pencil (matte red) topped with Magnolia Makeup Creole Tomato Pigment (matte red). MAC 242 Small Shader Brush
On the outer corner I applied MAC Blue Cyan Chromagraphic Pencil (matte cyan blue) in a circular design. MAC 242 Small Shader Brush
For highlight I used Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance All Over Face Color (shimmery light pink). MAC 252 Large Shader Brush
On the lower lashline I used MAC Blue Cyan Chromagraphic Pencil (matte cyan blue) topped with MAC Clarity Eyeshadow (matte cyan blue). MAC 242 Small Shader Brush

NOTE: I used the MAC 242 Small Shader Brush to create the sharp defined crease line for each color.  

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud. Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Benefit Babe Cake Liner in Black. MAC 263 Small Angle Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Sigma E05 Eye Liner Brush
I used Smashbox Lash DNA Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Sense Princess Eyelashes for effect. Duo Eyelash Adhesive






Lips: 
POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Vanity Fair Kissable Lipcolor (creamy pink).



Face: 
FINISH:
I primed my skin with Boscia Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel - hands. I used Chanel Perfection Lumière Long-Wear Flawless Fluid Makeup in 54 Beige Ambré - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder in Dark - face puff.

I used MUFE #12 Full Cover Concealer - Cozzette P350 Cylinder Concealer Brush - under my eyes set with MAC Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder in Medium Deep - face puff

I used MAC Azalea Blossom Blush Ombre (satin purple-pink) for my cheeks - Cozzette Contour Stylist S135 Brush and MUFE #1 Sculpting Kit for contour - Sigma Angled Kabuki Brush.





13 comments:

  1. Wow, this is not a look I'd have the courage to try, but it's beautiful! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG.... you need to do a tut for this look.... beautiful.... I think I wanna try this and go to work one day just for fun....

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are an artist girl! this is beautiful! I love that you have fun with your makeup wear to work not caring about what folks have to say. This outrageous and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks is absolutely amazing! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a wonderful look. I don't think I'm gutsy enough to try it, but so so pretty! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGorgeous! you have some amazing skills, you blend yet separate colors so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tina I can't, you are killing me with this look, you are a true artist. THIS RIGHT HERE IS AMAZING THE COLORS ARE OUT OF THIS WORLD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very vibrant! You photos are really nice, can you do a blog post on the type of camera you use... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where can I purchase Magnolia Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am just in love with the white cut creases that you do. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is beautiful! I know you said it isn't wearable but you should definitely try to wear it somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tina!!!! I've been "stalking" your blog for some time now. Today, I've decided to come on out and become interactive with you and the blog! As an up and coming MUA in Atlanta, GA....your blog has been very instrumental in assisting me with products, techniques, inspiration, etc. As an artistic and vibrant person, I am head over heels with this look.....WOWSERS!!! Truly one of my favs. I look forward to a new year if exciting looks and great info from you!!!! Muah......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>