Jan 27, 2010

'Caramel Mustard' Look

'Caramel Mustard' Look

This look was inspired by the elusive Mustard Pigment from MAC that is on many wishlists. This pigment is rare and well sought after. I missed out on this one because my love for makeup is still pretty young and I am a fledgling to MAC products.

I decided to make my own version of this pigment by mixing my MAC Primary Yellow and Deep Brown Pigments and I like the result (even though I made far too much of it...)

Here's the look:

For  breakdown of the look and more pics...read more....


Eyebrows:
I filled my eyebrows in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and MAC Eyeshadow in Showstopper.
Eyes: 
I started off with Urban Decay Primer Potion (regular) all over my lid up to the brow bone. I used MAC Chromaline in Primary Yellow as a base on the outer 2/3 of the lid and into the crease .
  • MAC Vanilla Eyeshadow on the inner tearduct area.
  • MAC Polished Ivory Pigment for my inner lid.
  • MAC Chrome Yellow eyeshadow on the middle of my lid
  • Mix of MAC Primary Yellow and Deep Brown Pigments (my mustard concoction) on the outer lid.
  • MAC Cross Cultural eyeshadow in the crease and on brow bone area.
  • MAC Showstopper eyeshadow in the crease.
  • MAC Ricepaper eyeshadow for the highlight.
I lined my upper lashline with Inglot Crème Eyeliner in Black (#88) and lower waterline with Loreal Hip Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black. I used CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara in Very Black on my lashes with some beauty store brand eyelashes (style is Vibrant but no brand here)




Face:
I used MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC45 with MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NC45 under my eyes. I set with MAC Loose Blot Powder in Dark. For blush I used Studio Gear Powder Blush in Biscuit.

Lips:
I used MAC TLC in Petting Pink.

3 comments:

  1. wow that is really pretty :) great job! blending is great and those colors look good on you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>