Jan 28, 2010

Urban Decay Primer Potion - EDEN

Urban Decay Primer Potion - EDEN

Welcome to the Garden of EDEN!

Urban Decay has released it's new version of the cult favorite Primer Potion - EDEN.

Sephora.com describes it as "An eye prep product that provides smoother, longer-lasting, and absolutely crease-proof eyeshadow—and is now offered in a very-wearable, tawny, matte hue."



 
I must say I had lost confidence in Urban Decay to improve on the original primer potion after the applicator redesign (so much for stopping the waste of product) and the primer potion in Sin (shimmery mess on my lids)...but they have renewed my hopes!
 
EDEN is just what it says - MATTE, TAWNY, CREASE-PROOF!
 
Read more....
 
 
I absolutely love this stuff! It gives me all that was lacking in the original for me. Don't get me wrong, I still love the original but I think EDEN is a great addition if not improvement overall!
 
EDEN is rich and creamy with a great natural beige color. It does not crease and keeps my eyeshadows in place all day. Because it has an actual color to it eyeshadows stand out more and are mroe vibrant when applied. And a little goes a looooooong way so be careful not to apply too much.
 
You can use your finger to blend this into your skin but I suggest a brush (such as the MAC 152 brush) to provide more control when applying this to your lids. This can get away from you if you use your fingers and because of the color is more obvious (at least against my NC45 skin).
 
This can also double as a primer for your undereye concealer although they don't promote it as such. I got the idea because of Benefit 360 Stay Don't Stray Primer which boasts to be a eyelid lid and undereye concealer primer (yea right...creased all over the place on me)...but that's another story for another time...
Sweep some EDEN right under you eye and voila...concealer primer...no creasing, stays put!
 
This retails at Sephora stores and http://www.sephora.com/ for $18 for 0.34 fl. oz. The price is $1 more than the original but I'll pay for the added color. : )
 
This is how it looks initially and blended out on my NC45 skin.

6 comments:

  1. Ah, thank you so much! This is really good to know. I saw this at the store and just walked by it thinking that it was Sin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be great for people that apply the original UDPP and then soft ochre or painterly paint pots on top! Saves a step :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah thanks for this! I'd love to hear the story about the Benefit 360 Primer, as I was hoping to try it out!

    Btw, great swatches, they're very very helpful. Thank you!

    Naz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad this helps lovelies!

    This can definitely be an all-in-one for someone who applies primer potion and then Painterly or Soft Ochre paintpot.

    I will give a quick review of the Benefit Stay Don't Stray primer shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree with julie! thanks for letting us know. just can't believe they have not improved the bottle! they weren't badgered enough about this??

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's right yummy! The bottle remains the same...they changed the applicator so it's angled now...doesn't help the cause at all!

    I feel like Eden does all that Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and Benefit 360 was trying accomplish...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>