Dec 15, 2010

'Uptown Violet' Look

'Uptown Violet' Look

Hmmm...I must be working for Magnolia Makeup...nope! I wish! LOL! But since I bought so many of the pigments and glitters and I'm sure some of you also grab a few during the sale..and I love them anyway...I have been using them quite a bit lately. Anywho...here's another look using these pigments and some glitter. : )

Oh and I realized why I don't like purple looks...they are not bright enough for me! But by adding the green on the lower lashline the look went up a few notches in my book.

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base. Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush

COLOR:
On the inner lid and tearduct area I applied MAC Blanc Type (matte ivory). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
Next on the middle of the lid I applied Magnolia Makeup 004 Tutu Pigment (satin light pink). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
For the outer lid and crease I applied Magnolia Makeup 104 Uptown Pigment (matte red-toned violet). MAC 217 Blending Brush
To define the outer V I used Magnolia Makeup 009 Just Black Pigment (matte black). MAC 217 Blending Brush
For highlight I used Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance All Over Face Color (shimmery light pink). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For my lower lashline I used the Magnolia Makeup Green Gliz Glitter (shimmery true green) with MAC Eyeliner Mixing Medium. MAC 212 Flat Definer Brush

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Too Faced Plum Crazy Metal Eyed Liquid Shimmer Eyeliner (glimmering vibrant purple).
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Annie False Eyelashes for effect.


Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MUFE #31 Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick (creamy purple pink) topped with MAC Ban This! Dare To Wear Lipglass (shimmery red-toned violet).


Face:

FINISH:
MAC Oil Control Lotion and Tarte Clean Slate Face Primer. I used MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used YSL TOUCHE ÉCLAT Radiant Touch in #5 and MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used MAC Fleur Power Blush (satin soft bright pinkish-coral ) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight - MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush.



8 comments:

  1. WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Love it!!!
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you don't like purple: it emphasizes so well your complexion !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I don't know what you are talking about the purple looks great on you..

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all have our personal preferences about what looks good on us, but I agree with Tysh, you really are lovely in purple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you in purple. That lip combo is beautiful! Thanks for sharing. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely look! Purple really suits your skin tone!Anymore videos on the way?

    Dree xx

    style-on-sea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mercedes hon!

    Thanks so much Sher.

    Thanx Guad. I guess purple is just my least fave color to use. But it's not so bad... :)

    Tysh girl u know my hang up with purples. LOL! :)

    Thx huntress! We all have our little peeves...LOL...i don't mind purple so much but I just don't like it on it's own.

    Thx Sha girl. I had fun with that lip combo too. I forgot about my Dare To Wear Lipglasses. They r still awesome.

    Thanks Merx. I hope u do try it out! Have a great xmas hon!

    Thanks Dree sweetie. I want to some videos coming up but I just can't think of what to do yet. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>